MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Custom CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I certainly hope this isn't against any rules, but here goes:

Over the past couple of months I've been working on a simple CMS for my website. I didn't want to use any of the big free ones because they're all slow, bloated, hard to customize and theme, or some combination thereof. I wanted something lightweight and dedicated, but expandable, like MyBB. At the moment it might be a bit too lightweight, but at least it's usable.

However, before actually using it on my site or releasing it to the general public, I wanted to get some other people's opinions on it, as well as a basic testing of security. To do this, I've set it up in the Sandbox.

I would love to hear your opinions on it, suggestions, and any problems you've found.

The admin login is here, and the test account's username is "sandbox" and the password is "kiara" in case someone changes the box like I asked not to.

Just to reiterate the two rules: Please don't change the "Welcome!" box and don't put anything rude or illegal.
I like it, good job.
It looks good so far, just lacking a lot of functionality Toungue
If you are releasing i would make the theming a little easier.
@T0m:How so? I personally think theming is easy, but that's because I've had to go through the process of making it so I know exactly how it works. It's hard to know what's difficult to use when you know everything about how it works. I need a fresh pair of eyes, one that has little to no experience with this software, to tell me exactly what's difficult.

@Scottie44: What functionality would you like to see? Keep in mind there is a plugin system similar to MyBB's (somewhat suspiciously similar...) so anything that shouldn't be core can be added after the fact.
Well Maybe have the current theme on it. Or maybe even a theme builder, if you have that much free time. I think the first one is a lot better though.
Aah, oops. I thought I had fixed that, but alas. I know it was on my "to do" list at one point, but I think I confused it with the "revert to default" feature.
Maybe also make the sidebar a little bigger. Well the text in it at least. Its cramped a little.
Uploaded the fixes. With the sidebar I went ahead and made it a bit bigger without caring about looks since I'm probably going to replace the adminCP theme anyway.

Fixes:
Creating a new theme now fills out the CSS and Template with a copy of the default theme's
Can no longer delete the default theme via URL trickery
Can no longer delete the default page via [Delete] or URL trickery
So far it looks good I like the theme editing but as people said before its missing a lot of functions so good luck Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3