MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm Leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This past weekend I was at a Youth Conference. This conference was like none other I had ever been to, ever.

At this conference, there was this speaker, Vaden Earle, and basically what he does is go into foreign countries and do work, build hospitals/orphanages, etc.

Anyway he came and speak and he shared dozens of stories. And through his speaking, i made a big decision.

Saturday morning when he spoke, I realized that there was something blocking my relationship with God. And it wasn't Until later that night that I realized what it was.

See I love to build websites and be online, but it is starting to take over my life. I've decided that what's best for me in my life is to leave the internet and focus on something more important to me and probably more important to God, and that is Worship.

I'm seriously going to be pursing a career in music, and leading a Worship Team, possibly going overseas.

There is already talk of my Youth Group putting together a Missions Trip to a place like Thailand, Cambodia, or Uganda.

I've had alot of fun building websites and being apart of communities but I need to focus on my relationship with God right now.

Now does this mean I'm gone forever with no contact? No.

I'll be making 1 website (Selling all others). This website will be WAY more casual and like a blog/music site for my career. I'll also be on MSN time to time. All contact details are below.

It's Been fun but this is goodbye.

Buy My sites here.

MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: lyndon321

(Yes I'm selling ALL of my sites)
I wish you luck on your journy. But please, think for yourself. I myself am religous, and missions are great, but sometimes its making a difference in the small spot around you that makes the bigger difference.
This was the second of two events to make me think.

I also went to the Hillsong United Live Premiere of The I Heart Revolution - We are All In this Together.

I really believe that we need to do something instead of sitting here.

And in a small town where everyone thinks they are in control, no one wants to listen.
I don't go to church, never thought it's necessary for one to consider religious or not.

As T0m said, it's what you do around yourself that makes a big difference. If you want to change the world it's said that you should start changing yourself and helping those around you. You don't have to go 3,000 miles to feel amazing, though it's equally as gratifying.

Don't you think making food for your local orphanage or just spending 1 hour with a child at your local cancer hospital would be the same if you go to Slovenia's capital city' cancer hospital?

I'm not a religious person, but I do spend my time online a lot yet I find time to go to San Jorge Childrens Hospital and spend time with the kids there, or I go to the orphanage that is at walking distance from my mom's job, I've been going t that orphanage(my mom works in a place where they tale the kids away and put them in these orphanage because of abusive parents), since I was little, so I know the nuns and we make parties for the little girls. Don't get me wrong, I've been to many places in south America, Santo Domingo and USA for these 'missions', it's such an experience.
I'll run you through a typical day of mine..

School
Come Home on Bus
Sit on Computer
Eat
Go In Hottub
Go To Bed

The Internet is taking over my life and I need to get away from it before something happens that isnt going to be good.

And Im not saying that there isnt stuff we can do here, its that there is ALOT more need in third world countries.

I encourage everyone to watch the Hillsong film: The I Heart Revolution, We're All in this together when it comes out on DVD. It really opened my eyes and Im sure it will open everyone elses too.

When you sit and listen to these people who go to these places and see what is happeneing, you cant help but want to go there too.
I respect your decision but as I am atheist I got a question for you:

Why not spend some time that you are spending on building websites and stuff to worshiping god so that you can equal for of your spare time over those to balancing them out?

Also:
Quote:At this conference, there was this speaker, Vaden Earle, and basically what he does is go into foreign countries and do work, build hospitals/orphanages, etc.
If their was a god why would we need hospitals, orphanages, etc. Why are their poor and rich? Etc.

Sorry for asking that but I never had a proper answer before and I was wondering if you or someone could maybe explain that.
One common problem I see in people, blaming the internet. Well don't cause it has done nothing to you but make our life's easier. If you spend that much time on the web its for a reason, me, FMB and others of this community spend hours on the web and aye look for a cause. FMB dose designs and I do web programming. If you have a talent for something use it, since you are able to web design you can always support missions, non-profit organizations and so on by offering them your services for free.

Hmm, I see that you are still a kid and this is normal in my view as kids jump from one thing to another. In any rate do as you wish I am not here to force you against your own choice or anything.
Because God works through Us. We are responsible for going to the third world countries that can't afford to do this.

And if it's God's will, then we should be doing it, cause if we don't, not only are we letting God down by not obeying, we are letting down all those people who are going to continue to live in crappy conditions.

I hope that answers your question.
The god topic could go on forever, it's a controversial one and I don't think it would do well on this board.
(2009-11-10, 12:43 AM)Kyonko Wrote: [ -> ]One common problem I see in people, blaming the internet. Well don't cause it has done nothing to you but make our life's easier. If you spend that much time on the web its for a reason, me, FMB and others of this community spend hours on the web and aye look for a cause. FMB dose designs and I do web programming. If you have a talent for something use it, since you are able to web design you can always support missions, non-profit organizations and so on by offering them your services for free.

Hmm, I see that you are still a kid and this is normal in my view as kids jump from one thing to another. In any rate do as you wish I am not here to force you against your own choice or anything.

Like I said, im not just giving up and leaving. I'm going to keep one website and make it casual. (I also run my schools website). But I need to get rid of the blockage in my life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7