MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBCodes.com new administration!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Thank you NetSage for your comments, i will also have a look at the forums content this week! Smile
I hope you make good plugins for MyBB, honestly, I dont need a "copy of mybbcentral", you can improve mybbcodes making some new plugins, and I think is better if you start by zero and make ALL the things clearly.

Best Luck with the page Wink

P.D.: I send u a PM.
Thank you for your comments! Smile

Three exclusive plugins, created by me, will be added in the Premium section this week. I will also try to organize the forum differently, in the next two weeks...
(2009-11-11, 06:43 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]~snip~
A word on the banned member list: I believe ghazal banned all members with german IP to ban me - but I never registered at her board. So innocent members are banned I think.
~snip~
Sorry that made me laugh, so discriminating rofl.
If you haven't set it up, i'd put all the old posts and plugins in one subforum, so if anyone does need it they can have access to it.
Good to hear we have another new contributor to MyBB Smile

Unfortunately you pretty much just wasted $90 buying that as IMO you will need to start from scratch, there are so many buggy useless things on that site it's not worth resurrecting it. Unfortunately you also have to deal with the bad taste she has left everyone with, you probably should have just bought a new domain Sad But hey, whats done has been done so I am sure you can make something from it.

You should also realize that Ghazal will most likely "remake" her plugins and release a new identical site in a few months, she has done that before, your site is her second.

Looking towards the future, as I said, I would start again, remove the subscription to start off with and make a few really good plugins (maybe have Ghazals in a sub forum or something....) that your site will be known for then if you want to charge a subscription do it when you have a loyal member base Wink

Ps. There also seems to be an error here http://www.mybbcodes.com/downloads.php?dlid=10&cat=1
(2009-11-11, 10:19 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-11, 06:43 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]~snip~
A word on the banned member list: I believe ghazal banned all members with german IP to ban me - but I never registered at her board. So innocent members are banned I think.
~snip~
Sorry that made me laugh, so discriminating rofl.

I have taken the time to verify this situation and although there was 3 single IP addresses blocked from Germany and 1 from Portugal, none of them belongs to any members.

So everyone from Germany can access and register to our forums, so please do not react to unconfirmed suppositions. Cool
(2009-11-11, 10:47 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Good to hear we have another new contributor to MyBB Smile

Unfortunately you pretty much just wasted $90 buying that as IMO you will need to start from scratch, there are so many buggy useless things on that site it's not worth resurrecting it. Unfortunately you also have to deal with the bad taste she has left everyone with, you probably should have just bought a new domain Sad But hey, whats done has been done so I am sure you can make something from it.

You should also realize that Ghazal will most likely "remake" her plugins and release a new identical site in a few months, she has done that before, your site is her second.

Looking towards the future, as I said, I would start again, remove the subscription to start off with and make a few really good plugins (maybe have Ghazals in a sub forum or something....) that your site will be known for then if you want to charge a subscription do it when you have a loyal member base Wink

Ps. There also seems to be an error here http://www.mybbcodes.com/downloads.php?dlid=10&cat=1

Thank you for your comments! I took the time to verify the link you provided and noticed that the site just got offline for an unknown reason.

I will investigate the situation and post my findings here afterward...
After investigating, the problem was a bad button link. The good link was lower in the page in the "FAST DOWNLOAD" section.

I will fix this right away...

Thank you TimB for signaling this problem! Smile
I'm from Portugal, and she banned me(I'm still banned). She had no reason to ban me though. Good luck with your new website, it's going to be hard to get rid of such a bad reputation but I'm sure you'll be able to get rid of it.

First, uninstall all plugins, there's too much junk on the forum. (there are marquees everywhere..)
Second, install a new theme, the current sucks.
Third, unban all members. 99% of them are innocent members who did nothing. I remember seeing 3 members getting banned because they downloaded plugins she had released. They were not subscribed but she forgot to block access to attachment downloads to regular users in the subscribers forum. Then she banned them because they had downloaded her plugins but she was the one who forgot to setup permissions...

Fourth (optional in my opinion): delete all posts and members. Do not delete release threads neither attachments. Change the author of release threads to your user and do a recount of forum stats, user stats, thread counters and forum counters.
You should be able to start everything from a clean forum and you may end up running a successful website soon.

These are my suggestions,
good luck!
I think you should just remove all bans exdiogene, Ghazal had a habit of banning people for misinterpreting what people said (her English comprehension isn't great). Not to mention that I remember she banned some people for downloading one of her plugins that she forgot to put in the paid section so wasn't protected.
(2009-11-12, 10:41 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm from Portugal, and she banned me(I'm still banned). She had no reason to ban me though. Good luck with your new website, it's going to be hard to get rid of such a bad reputation but I'm sure you'll be able to get rid of it.

First, uninstall all plugins, there's too much junk on the forum. (there are marquees everywhere..)
Second, install a new theme, the current sucks.
Third, unban all members. 99% of them are innocent members who did nothing. I remember seeing 3 members getting banned because they downloaded plugins she had released. They were not subscribed but she forgot to block access to attachment downloads to regular users in the subscribers forum. Then she banned them because they had downloaded her plugins but she was the one who forgot to setup permissions...

Fourth (optional in my opinion): delete all posts and members. Do not delete release threads neither attachments. Change the author of release threads to your user and do a recount of forum stats, user stats, thread counters and forum counters.
You should be able to start everything from a clean forum and you may end up running a successful website soon.

These are my suggestions,
good luck!

Bom dia Pirata Nervo,

eu falo portugues um pouco. Aprender ao Azores.

Thank you for providing me all those suggestions, yes you are right that there is too many already installed plugins. I am getting rid of several of them one by one... Wink

About the theme, i really do not want to replace it for now. I have the intention to ask a professionnal to redesign the site in a few weeks...

There is still only 5 persons banned on the site, i am verifying the reasons behind all those bans one by one. I will send you a PM about yours today.

There will be a cleanup of the posts when all most important things would be dealt with. For the moment i am transfering the site on our own server because of the previous owner hosting company server going offline quite too often to my taste. I manage my servers myself and i never saw one going offline more than once a year when it must be shut down in case of a needed maintenance.

We were in the process of verifying and updating each plugins one by one, but this have been put on hold because of the necessary server transfer planned for today. It would be a longer process, because it was impossible to get a backup for a quick cPanel account transfer.

Thank you again for your advices, Smile

exdiogene.
(2009-11-12, 11:09 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should just remove all bans exdiogene, Ghazal had a habit of banning people for misinterpreting what people said (her English comprehension isn't great). Not to mention that I remember she banned some people for downloading one of her plugins that she forgot to put in the paid section so wasn't protected.

TimB, can you or Pirata Nervo PM me the names of the users you believe were banned injustly? It would help me in the process...

I cannot unban all of them because i saw that at least 2 of them were really spamming the site for no reasons. Sad

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5