MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] iBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Is this going to be a theme or will it be something like a mobile friendly plugin?
Skin, it'll be installed as a skin as well, and somewhere along the way, I'll add iPhone recognition so it'll automatically switch the skin.
The only probably right now is I can't find the code to switching skins, however I've the iPhone recognition one.
(2009-11-20, 11:42 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Skin, it'll be installed as a skin as well, and somewhere along the way, I'll add iPhone recognition so it'll automatically switch the skin.
The only probably right now is I can't find the code to switching skins, however I've the iPhone recognition one.

Ah ok thats exactly why I asked. The members of my site have been wanting a mobile version of my site (I have just been redirecting to the archive mode, and I styled it a little). This will definitely help Big Grin
You mean like the one that changes to the iPhone version of a site, not just a skin?

You know I might actually be able to help you with that, i might have a code that will help with the redirection to iPhone skin version. Now Im curious to do some digging Big Grin

I'll post if I come up with something.
iPhone redirection is easy, the only issue is that MyBB doesn't currently have a built-in feature that changes skin based on a URL.
Looks nice. Can't wait to see it.

On a side not... I downloaded the iWebKit package to check it out and looked at the CSS file. Holy orange! That thing is like a huge wall of text. No line breaks or anything.
The CSS is compressed, it's not meant for you to directly understand it. That's the reason of the useful tutorials Toungue

@Infra: really good work! Even though I don't have an iPhone Toungue
Haha, thanks.
Btw, yeah, iPhone direction is easy, but I can't find the changing skin either -_-
However, I did find something that could help by using forms.
I have a piece if code that when you go to the site on iPhone it will automattically redirect to iPhone version. The way it does though is you enter the URL. So if we enter the URL as the skin change URL then it should work.
The problem is that MyBB doesn't have theme changing functions using URL.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14