MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin for Mybb 1.4.*] Fight Spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
lol
i have it installed and i set a limit of 5 posts until someone can have a signature..

and guess what.. today the first spammer made 6 (!) posts... i HATE THEM !!!!

you could add 2 options:
- number of posts until someone can have an url/link in his signature (i would set it to 50 or so lol)
- show/not show the user how many posts he needs until he can have a signature.
(2009-11-26, 01:41 PM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Persian language for Fight Spam:

Persian Informaition for Fight Spam in MybbIran Forum:
http://community.mybbiran.com/thread-614.html

Thanks for the useful plugins.

Thanks Smile
(2009-11-26, 06:12 PM)tarekovski Wrote: [ -> ]It is the first time in months that I have no spammers at my forums after installing this hack. A big thank you babjusi.

You are most welcome, glad to have been of help tarekovski Smile

I haven''t has a single problem wth spammers as well since I coded this.
(2009-11-26, 06:32 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]lol
i have it installed and i set a limit of 5 posts until someone can have a signature..

and guess what.. today the first spammer made 6 (!) posts... i HATE THEM !!!!

you could add 2 options:
- number of posts until someone can have an url/link in his signature (i would set it to 50 or so lol)
- show/not show the user how many posts he needs until he can have a signature.

Set the post limit higer than and exclude from it the legit users. Whereas about the signature issue, I have coded 2 other plugins. One with a limit of posts in order to use signatures and the other that will allwow you to prevent certain user/s and group/s from using signatures at all. Check the link at my signature here for them. If you use either of those signature plugins in combination with the fight spam plugin, then your spamming problems will be over Smile
I dont see how disallowing a user to create signatures until a certain post count is going to fight spam... But nice plugin Smile
(2009-11-27, 03:55 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]I dont see how disallowing a user to create signatures until a certain post count is going to fight spam... But nice plugin Smile

This is another plugin. It disallows a user or users to post links until he has a certain amount of posts set by th admin.

Anyway, regarding your question, I have had many spammers just join at my forums and post spam link not only in forums but by placing them spam links at their signatures as well. So by setting a number of posts to allow signatures, it helps a lot in fighting spam.
Ah ok. Since I have not had any spammers, I was just looking at the spammers on this site. Most of them just put plain text signatures so I didnt think that would really fight spam. Sorry Toungue
Thanks will help a lot ^^.
(2009-11-27, 04:24 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok. Since I have not had any spammers, I was just looking at the spammers on this site. Most of them just put plain text signatures so I didnt think that would really fight spam. Sorry Toungue

No problem. And I hope you will never have to deal with spam as it is a pain in you know where Big Grin

(2009-11-27, 04:27 PM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks will help a lot ^^.

Glad to see that other users find this useful as well Smile
Thanks for this plugin. Seems to be working fine. No problems thus far.
(2009-11-29, 06:38 AM)Schmarvin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this plugin. Seems to be working fine. No problems thus far.

You are welcome.
its only one file? do i put it in the root? or does this work with another mod i need to download?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5