MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Connect, Twitter, & OpenID logins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2010-02-27, 02:09 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-27, 01:27 AM)afrothunder Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm the co-owner of Screeze who set up the scripts there.

I'm more than happy to help set up all of the scripts except for Facebook Connect(they are indeed individual scripts) with site owners and can be contacted at [email protected] .

The reason why I don't try to integrate Facebook Connect on other sites is because it makes upgrades to MyBB very difficult as there are core code updates. If anyone is willing to make a plugin based on my code I could work with them as that would remove the upgrade issues(same goes for the other scripts but Facebook is the main one with the problem).

Just a note to the age that was stated earlier. That's the age for the other co-owner, I'm a tad older Wink

I'm also more than happy to answer any questions here on how the scripts work.
Maybe you could make a tutorial? I am still working on a Twitter integration but I think people would like to be able to do it on their own via a tutorial?

A tutorial is possible, but I do find some value in working one on one with people seeking integration.

Also, the people do end up doing it on their own. I guide people who want the integration, giving them scripts and instructing them in how they work and what settings they have to change. So unless they requested I did it myself, there is still the diy experience.
(2010-02-27, 02:20 AM)afrothunder Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-27, 01:27 AM)afrothunder Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'm the co-owner of Screeze who set up the scripts there.

I'm more than happy to help set up all of the scripts except for Facebook Connect(they are indeed individual scripts) with site owners and can be contacted at [email protected] .

The reason why I don't try to integrate Facebook Connect on other sites is because it makes upgrades to MyBB very difficult as there are core code updates. If anyone is willing to make a plugin based on my code I could work with them as that would remove the upgrade issues(same goes for the other scripts but Facebook is the main one with the problem).

Just a note to the age that was stated earlier. That's the age for the other co-owner, I'm a tad older Wink

Maybe you could make a tutorial? I am still working on a Twitter integration but I think people would like to be able to do it on their own via a tutorial?

A tutorial is possible, but I do find some value in working one on one with people seeking integration.

Also, the people do end up doing it on their own. I guide people who want the integration, giving them scripts and instructing them in how they work and what settings they have to change. So unless they requested I did it myself, there is still the diy experience.
Sure but I believe everyone would like to be able to this and I think you will be bombarded soon. I would write a tutorial for it to take credit for it first otherwise someone that you helped will just write one up quickly Wink.

It will also just help the entire MyBB community if you write it up so it can be archived and spread easier.
(2010-02-27, 02:24 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-27, 02:20 AM)afrothunder Wrote: [ -> ]

Sure but I believe everyone would like to be able to this and I think you will be bombarded soon. I would write a tutorial for it to take credit for it first otherwise someone that you helped will just write one up quickly Wink.

It will also just help the entire MyBB community if you write it up so it can be archived and spread easier.

You have a point, I'll probably write up some tutorials when I get the chance Big Grin
Cool I would like to see how you tackled the Twiter one, I am currently writing up the Auth, pretty close exactly on making it to work Toungue.
I'm writing the Twitter one as we speak Big Grin
I posted up a Twitter integration tutorial for all interested. You can see it here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-65544.html

Windows Live and maybe PSN may come soon.
Fantastic. I'll have a look. This would be great as a true plugin to keep the upgrade ability, like you said...
(2010-02-27, 05:52 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic. I'll have a look. This would be great as a true plugin to keep the upgrade ability, like you said...

Yes it would, but that Twitter tutorial above should work through all upgrades anyway, no code changes happen to MyBB.
Are you going to make something for Facebook as well?
(2010-02-27, 06:30 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you going to make something for Facebook as well?

I would rather find a way to get Facebook into a plugin instead of sharing the process on how to do that manually.

I think showing how to do assorted changes to the MyBB scripts might be asking for people to break their forums.
Even better. Toungue You could also make the Twitter one into a plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8