MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Original Poster Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-12-26, 09:44 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]did you copy opimage.png to your theme's folder?

MYBB_ROOT/images/<theme>/opimage.png
MYBB_ROOT/images/opimage.png (for default)

Yep, the image was already in my forumroot/images folder (644 permissions, like the other files in there), and I cannot see it using the default theme. I just copied it to the images/<theme> folder for one of my other themes, and it does not show up there either.

So it definitely works for you guys, eh? I wonder if one of my other plugins is somehow interfering with it.
I coded it so that the image only needs to be in forumroot/images - keeps it simple and people don't have to remember to copy images when they add a new theme or whatever. :>
Plus slightly less bandwidth for those that may use multiple themes throughout their forum. :p

Can you find the following code in your 'postbit' template(s) anywhere?
{$post['opimage']}
If not, it belongs (by default) just after:
{$post['onlinestatus']}
(2011-12-27, 12:18 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Can you find the following code in your 'postbit' template(s) anywhere?
{$post['opimage']}
If not, it belongs (by default) just after:
{$post['onlinestatus']}

Exactly which template(s) should I be checking? I took a look at "postbit" and "postbit_classic" (under the Default templates), and neither of those even contain the ONLINESTATUS code. Thank you!
You need to check either the postbit or postbit_classic template, depending on which postbit style you're using - horizontal or vertical.

The code must be there, check again please. Or post the content of your template and we'll have a look.
(2011-12-27, 03:12 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]You need to check either the postbit or postbit_classic template, depending on which postbit style you're using - horizontal or vertical.

The code must be there, check again please. Or post the content of your template and we'll have a look.

Here is my default postbit...
Quote:{$ignore_bit}
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="tcat">
<div class="float_left smalltext">
{$post['postdate']}, {$post['posttime']} <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
</div>
{$post['posturl']}
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td class="trow1 {$unapproved_shade}">
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="width: 100%;">
<tr>
<td class="post_avatar" width="1" style="{$post['avatar_padding']}">
{$post['useravatar']}
</td>
<td class="post_author">
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong>
<br />
<span class="smalltext">
{$post['usertitle']}<br />
{$post['userstars']}
{$post['groupimage']}
</span>
</td>
<td class="smalltext post_author_info" width="165">
{$post['user_details']} <br />{$post['iconfacebook']}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td class="trow2 post_content {$unapproved_shade}">
<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>

<div class="post_body" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['msgbirth']}{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}

<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td class="trow1 post_buttons {$unapproved_shade}">
<div class="author_buttons float_left">
{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_rep']}
</div>
<div class="post_management_buttons float_right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
Right, well by default the following code:
{$post['onlinestatus']}{$post['opimage']}
should be AFTER your existing code:
If you want the online status icon back as well that is, otherwise just add the second part, obviously. Smile

I hope I haven't confused you.
(2011-12-28, 06:32 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Right, well by default the following code:
{$post['onlinestatus']}{$post['opimage']}
should be AFTER your existing code:
If you want the online status icon back as well that is, otherwise just add the second part, obviously. Smile

I hope I haven't confused you.

Thank you! I have edited my various templates, and the OP image now shows up. I have other plugins that do things to the postbit (like add Facebook profile link button), and no manual template modification is needed. Is this because those things must be doing core edits? Obviously, it's a lot easier to simply install & activate the plugin, and have it do all the work for you, but it sounds like this is not a preferred method?
(2011-12-28, 06:03 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I have edited my various templates, and the OP image now shows up. I have other plugins that do things to the postbit (like add Facebook profile link button), and no manual template modification is needed. Is this because those things must be doing core edits? Obviously, it's a lot easier to simply install & activate the plugin, and have it do all the work for you, but it sounds like this is not a preferred method?

we are using the preferred method of modifying the template, however, you have (or the theme you are using) have removed a default feature and thus the plugin can locate where it needs to add the code required.

it happens and that is why there is a template editor so help you manually make the changes
(2011-12-28, 06:19 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-28, 06:03 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! I have edited my various templates, and the OP image now shows up. I have other plugins that do things to the postbit (like add Facebook profile link button), and no manual template modification is needed. Is this because those things must be doing core edits? Obviously, it's a lot easier to simply install & activate the plugin, and have it do all the work for you, but it sounds like this is not a preferred method?

we are using the preferred method of modifying the template, however, you have (or the theme you are using) have removed a default feature and thus the plugin can locate where it needs to add the code required.

it happens and that is why there is a template editor so help you manually make the changes

I use the Framed Avatar plugin, which, I remembered later, has us manually remove the ONLINESTATUS section. Probably that plugin has an issue, since it requires that, in order to display properly.

Thanks again, Ryan & Pavemen!
Ah yes, that would be why. I thought it was strange to remove that little guy. But that's pretty cool. Smile

Pleasure to be of assistance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6