MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Comparing mybb with Vbulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am looking at using mybb and was wondering looking for two features like vBulletin has.

A chat room and picture album manager. Anything compatible in mybb?

thanks in advance?
I think that vBulletin is more safier . from my experience i have seen mybb hacked more than a vBulletin . about the plugins ? vBulletin have more free plugins . MyBB needs a Credit Card cause u need to spend much
But you need to spend a whole lot more to get vB, I could subscribe to all the main paid MyBB plugin sites for $20, vB's a lot more than that, plus there's a lot of vB mods much more expensive than any MyBB ones, and there's loads of free plugins for MyBB, there's hundreds on the Mods site, I suppose you forgot about those. Almost all the people who get hacked are hacked because they're running old versions with known issues or there's a vulnerability with something non-MyBB related on the host.
(2009-12-01, 11:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Almost all the people who get hacked are hacked because they're running old versions with known issues or there's a vulnerability with something non-MyBB related on the host.

I do not agree with you . I have seen latest vB forums get hacked . I have also seen MyBB 1.4.9 get hacked . Labrocca's HF was one of the most hight security forum and got defaced and rm -rf/ three times . How do u explain that ? Anyway i think vB is more secure . this is my opinion though
(2009-12-01, 11:55 AM)X-n3t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-12-01, 11:39 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Almost all the people who get hacked are hacked because they're running old versions with known issues or there's a vulnerability with something non-MyBB related on the host.

I do not agree with you . I have seen latest vB forums get hacked . I have also seen MyBB 1.4.9 get hacked . Labrocca's HF was one of the most hight security forum and got defaced and rm -rf/ three times . How do u explain that ? Anyway i think vB is more secure . this is my opinion though

When he meant "old versions", he was referring to MyBB, not vBulletin.
Anyway, those sites that got hacked with MyBB 1.4.9 running, they might be running plugins with security holes, thus it might not be MyBB.
And does labrocca still own hackforums? Didn't he sell it?
Hackforums is sold yeah , but when HF was attacked the owner was Labrocca . from what i know they found a hole in an old plugin . I was one of the members who tryed to help Labrocca , talked with the attackers to know whats was the vuln and guess what , labrocca baned me HF for a stupid , childish reason .
(2009-12-01, 12:19 PM)X-n3t Wrote: [ -> ]Hackforums is sold yeah , but when HF was attacked the owner was Labrocca . from what i know they found a hole in an old plugin . I was one of the members who tryed to help Labrocca , talked with the attackers to know whats was the vuln and guess what , labrocca baned me HF for a stupid , childish reason .

Then your argument:
X-n3t Wrote:Labrocca's HF was one of the most hight security forum and got defaced and rm -rf/ three times .
is completely invalid.

Not sure how last part of your post benefits the discussion though.
Precisely, if it was caused by a plugin, it's nothing we can do anything about and is not a generic vulnerability in MyBB itself. The plugin may not have even been in use. HF has been attacked but it's benefited the whole MyBB community as a few security issues have been patched after they were found and exploited on HF, including the 1.4.6 vulnerability.
(2009-12-01, 12:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin may not have even been in use. HF has been attacked but it's benefited the whole MyBB community as a few security issues have been patched after they were found and exploited on HF, including the 1.4.6 vulnerability.

Yes its true the plugin was old and never used . and it makes me happy that MyBB is patched and fixed with holes .

*Edit = Matt whats the ploblem with u . you change the avatar every minute lol . lmao
Pages: 1 2 3 4