MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Features that 'must' be included in the final version ;)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[dumb joke]
>>ps im not a n00b

that's what the n00bs say :p
[/dumb joke]
ipab Wrote:ps im not a n00b at forums so plz dont tell me that the forums cant tell if im an admin without me logging in Toungue
Unless I'm going crazy, you did say...
Quote:if u click on the link it just shows the 'forum is offline' message, instead certain usergroups (like admins) should be able to login using the regular login method instead of the messy way of going www.yourdomain.com/boardfolder/admin/index.php
For a Moderator CP, what specifically should be included? Which tools would you like to see in it?
Moderator CP ideas:

For normal moderators they can only use the tools on the forums they moderate. Supermoderators and Admins can use the tools on all forums. I think these tools should also be part of some type of permissions system that would allow/disallow tools for each forum because not all forums are the same Smile
  • Moderation Queue - basically the same thing as the Admin CP
  • User allow/block list - For the allow list to work, there should be an checkbox when making the forum permissions that says something like this "Use allow list" And block list would just not allow anyone on that list to enter the forum.
  • Change forum password - I guess this can be turned on/off via the Admin CP per forum
  • Mod CP forum view - this is basically a copy of forumdisplay except there is a list of checkboxes beside each thread and you can mass lock, mass move, mass delete, etc from that screen without having to do it for each thread manually.
  • Announcements - Moderators can add/edit/delete announcements on the forums they moderate.

Other suggestions:
  • Add an option for a "Moderator's search" on the main search page and what that would do is add a checkbox at the side of each thread/post that is listed and at the bottom there can be a drop down list like Mass Lock, Mass Move, Mass Delete. (The reason I bring this up is on another board I moderate, each time I go on a search-and-delete spree I have to click on the post, delete it, go back to the search, click on another post, delete it, go back to the search, etc and it gets quite repetitive and slow when you try to delete 30 at a time.)

Thanks
I wish RC4 has stylesheet problems fixed that prevent it behaving correctly on Macs. Redirection problem should also be addressed.

Re-repeating myself: 10 latest threads and 10 latest replies in user profile with figure (10) adjustable through admin.
chiefsaab, I've added you to the MyBB RC4 beta. Please login with your forum details @ http://beta.mybboard.com

Follow through the pages until you find the link for the RC4 beta. Please tell me if the issue with the top menus is still being experienced on your Mac.

By the way, what are the redirection problems?

Chris.
Thanx for adding me to beta testers. I will check and will report you soon.

Redirection problem is that if I use Log-In link on the top of this page, I will end up on the main forum index page rather than being redirected to the same forum or same post. Secondly, isn't the New Thread button should always be visible so that when one clicks it, it opens a new posting page but if one is not logged-in, he should land up on log-in page.
Oh, the redirection issue should be solved in the next version then.

You're right about the new thread and reply buttons, which is why I am about to change it in RC4 Smile
chiefsaab Wrote:Re-repeating myself: 10 latest threads and 10 latest replies in user profile with figure (10) adjustable through admin.

Anything on this? Toungue
Rererepeating yourself.... :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5