MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Online Highschool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A huge part of school is having a social life, sitting at home all day would make me a vegetable.
I love being home, especially with all the things going on out there and violence, I'm just comfortable being here, no place like home, but i do go out if i have to and i have lots of stuff to do at home, so it's my kinda thing.
(2010-01-04, 02:25 AM)EquippedMind Wrote: [ -> ]I love being home, especially with all the things going on out there and violence, I'm just comfortable being here, no place like home, but i do go out if i have to and i have lots of stuff to do at home, so it's my kinda thing.

Same here. I love going out too though, but depending on what I'm going out for.
People think i'm lazy because i'm at home, but i do stuff here and work out, i just like it.
(2010-01-04, 12:35 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Your parents don't realize that you will be at a disadvantage when you leave High School? The social and personal management skills you learn at High school are probably as valuable as the classes.

Agreed! Having the best grades in the world doesn't mean jack if you can't communicate well with people everyday.
I took one online class and it was awful. It was the easy course offered as a normal class, but of course the online version had to be incredibly hard.

I can't imagine life without being in high school, let alone not in public school. It gives me the chance to connect with people of all ages, races, and sexes. This world would be a lot lonelier for me if there was no school. I know a lot of people online, but I never see them face to face. At least I know the people from school I can see everyday.
(2010-01-04, 03:49 AM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]I took one online class and it was awful. It was the easy course offered as a normal class, but of course the online version had to be incredibly hard.

I can't imagine life without being in high school, let alone not in public school. It gives me the chance to connect with people of all ages, races, and sexes. This world would be a lot lonelier for me if there was no school. I know a lot of people online, but I never see them face to face. At least I know the people from school I can see everyday.

Public School is awful if you have any dissadvantages, like ADD, OCD, and ODD (I have all of these. I am not stupid, I have problems with folowing through with what I am supposed to do, I don't have problems with the academics, and they don't have any help for this kind of issue.)

Where did you take your online couse? Some places, like The American Academy, where I currently go, are awful, and have over 40 assignments for a quarter, whereas places like BYU have seven moderatly large assignments for a semester's credit.
Hmm, my school was pretty good so that everyone got help where they needed it. Although my school had money since my town has a bunch of mansions on a lake Toungue.(like big ones too, as in Wrigley owns a few)
I did my Public Speaking For Business Professional class online and it was awesome and made sense since the majority of meetings I have at work are teleconference or use Live Meeting. Although each week we met was in a video chat room we still had 3 big projects that required us to meet in person with a group of other classmates and record our speeches.
When you go out to get a job, how do you plan to approach these people? Social skills is an upcoming huge part of the current job market, glaring at a computer all day doesn't help.

The world is as violent and as ill mannered as you make it man, hiding from it doesn't do you any good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4