MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Online Highschool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-01-05, 09:11 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but one (if not THE) reason I am doing Online High School is that I get very distracted when I am around others (because I am overly social.)

No offence but wouldn't you be better off learning to manage that rather than cutting off from the problem? Because in the work force your going to have to work with others and still remain productive any way. Unless you want a really crummy job....
(2010-01-06, 10:18 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-05, 09:11 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but one (if not THE) reason I am doing Online High School is that I get very distracted when I am around others (because I am overly social.)

No offence but wouldn't you be better off learning to manage that rather than cutting off from the problem? Because in the work force your going to have to work with others and still remain productive any way. Unless you want a really crummy job....

It could just be an excuse to sit at the PC all day, like WoW players >__>
Let me just say this again: I didn't choose to do online high school, my parents chose it for me.
Did you at least get to try normal school before-hand?

I find home-schooling as a whole to be a very alien concept. I have never met anyone who has been home-schooled, and as far as I am aware, it is not often done in England unless you have either been expelled from school, or are very very rich.
(2010-01-06, 01:18 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Let me just say this again: I didn't choose to do online high school, my parents chose it for me.

Did you say you didn't want to go to mainstream School? If I had the choice, I wouldn't of gone, but I'm glad I did!
Actually, i envy you quite so much. At least you don't have to deal with all idoicy of teenagers. though, i do agree it does hurt you socially. I still envy you though.
The only person I know who was home schooled was my cousin and I think that was only for a few months. He now works at a meat works....

It's like MrD said in Australia, it's very rare to be home schooled unless maybe you live way out in the bush and attend the "school of the air" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_the_Air
Pages: 1 2 3 4