MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XThreads preview/testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Its good to see you while workin on a plugin ^^ it looks marvelous.
(2010-02-08, 09:28 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Since this uses MyBB's forum system, it inherits all of MyBB's features, including the forums permissions.
As for editing thread fields, you can control who is able to edit them, individually, yes.

That is great, Yumi.

(2010-02-08, 09:28 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you'd just choose to make a textbox instead of a file upload box.

Another great feature, Yumi. This is very useful for people who don't have a lot of web space like me.

(2010-02-07, 11:27 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ].... the ability to filter threads based on prefix.......

Yes, I really love how the prefix filter works.

(2010-02-07, 07:14 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]However, I don't know whether I'll ever release this, or even complete it, so no promises here or anything.
Again, I don't know if it'll ever be available.

I really hope you release it, Yumi.

And I hope you don't mind if I have more questions later. I'm very interesting with this amazing plugin.

Thank you very much, Yumi Smile
This would be excellent for review sites especially the gallery functionality as you could post the box art of the movie/game.
Hope you release this.
Hi again, Yumi.

I have another questions:

1. Is it possible to use more than one additional thread fields in one thread? For example, using Thread Description and Thread Prefix together in one thread.

2. Is it possible to integrate your Thread Tooltip Preview with eXtend Threads?

Thanks.
(2010-02-15, 07:38 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]1. Is it possible to use more than one additional thread fields in one thread? For example, using Thread Description and Thread Prefix together in one thread.
Yes, you can define as many as you wish.

(2010-02-15, 07:38 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]2. Is it possible to integrate your Thread Tooltip Preview with eXtend Threads?
They will run together but otherwise won't "integrate". Is there anything you wanted to have between the two?
(2010-02-16, 03:35 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can define as many as you wish.

That is great, Yumi.

(2010-02-16, 03:35 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything you wanted to have between the two?

Yes, Yumi. If this is possible, I wish we has an option in AdminCP to choose where the thread description will be displayed. And one of the options is in tooltip. But I think it will make a conflict with Thread Tooltip Preview? I really love how the Thread Tooltip Preview works with first post and last post.

Thanks.
(2010-02-16, 06:04 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Yumi. If this is possible, I wish we has an option in AdminCP to choose where the thread description will be displayed. And one of the options is in tooltip. But I think it will make a conflict with Thread Tooltip Preview? I really love how the Thread Tooltip Preview works with first post and last post.
The plugins won't conflict. XThreads requires you to stick the variables in the templates.
Since I don't particularly like MyBB's find_replace_templatesets() function to perform template modifications, I decided to do in-place modifications for the threads tooltip preview - unfortunately it means you can't freely choose where the tooltip is.
However, if you really want to change it, you can modify the code below:
function threadtooltip_forumdisplay_template()
{
	$template = &$GLOBALS['templates']->cache['forumdisplay_thread'];
	$template = strtr($template, array(
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}">' => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" title="{$thread[\'postpreview\']}">',
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;">' => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;" title="{$thread[\'lastpostpreview\']}">'
	));
}
function threadtooltip_search_template()
{
	$template = &$GLOBALS['templates']->cache['search_results_threads_thread'];
		// two copies of this replacement for MyBB 1.4 (uses Windows newlines) and 1.6 (Nix newlines)
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}">'."\r" => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" title="{$thread[\'postpreview\']}">'."\r",
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}">'."\n" => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" title="{$thread[\'postpreview\']}">'."\n",
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap">' => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap" title="{$thread[\'lastpostpreview\']}">'
	));
}
Wow, this is pretty impressive and something I could definately make use of. Smile
(2010-02-17, 09:13 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]The plugins won't conflict. XThreads requires you to stick the variables in the templates.

That's great. So, I can edit my template and place the thread description variable as title for the thread prefix.

(2010-02-17, 09:13 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunately it means you can't freely choose where the tooltip is.

It's OK, Yumi. I think I can place the XThreads Thread Description as tooltip for the XThreads Thread Prefix.

(2010-02-17, 09:13 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]However, if you really want to change it, you can modify the code below:
function threadtooltip_forumdisplay_template()
{
	$template = &$GLOBALS['templates']->cache['forumdisplay_thread'];
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}">' => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" title="{$thread[\'postpreview\']}">',
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;">' => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: right;" title="{$thread[\'lastpostpreview\']}">'
	));
}
function threadtooltip_search_template()
{
	$template = &$GLOBALS['templates']->cache['search_results_threads_thread'];
		// two copies of this replacement for MyBB 1.4 (uses Windows newlines) and 1.6 (Nix newlines)
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}">'."\r" => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" title="{$thread[\'postpreview\']}">'."\r",
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}">'."\n" => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" title="{$thread[\'postpreview\']}">'."\n",
		'<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap">' => '<td class="{$bgcolor}" style="white-space: nowrap" title="{$thread[\'lastpostpreview\']}">'
	));
}

Yep. I will remember this.

Thank you very much, Yumi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5