MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XThreads preview/testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just checked every thread in there and you have some great imagination lol
Edit:
cereal guide? lmao
Question, what happens if you post more then 1 image in a thread?
any new ??

or the release date?
(2010-02-21, 09:21 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Question, what happens if you post more then 1 image in a thread?
You get more than one image in the post.

(2010-02-21, 10:00 PM)Walkman 5.0 Wrote: [ -> ]any new ??

or the release date?
I don't give release dates, or promises of release at all as stated in the first post.
Right now I am perhaps a bit lacking in motivation to really do this.
What explerience level do you feel this plugin will require of the admins using it? It seems complex.

You have registration off on your demo board. How long before users can test it?

And I do hope you complete this. I am sure it will enhance MyBB for a lot of admins. Every plugin you have ever made is legendary.
(2010-02-21, 11:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What explerience level do you feel this plugin will require of the admins using it? It seems complex.
They should be comfortable with editing templates, so HTML/CSS knowledge is recommended.
And that's about as much knowledge is required. There aren't many additional user interface controls. Perhaps some creativity and ability to think "outside the box" would be useful too.

(2010-02-21, 11:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]You have registration off on your demo board. How long before users can test it?
Certain parts of the input system I still want to modify a bit. Also I wanted to keep my examples in tact Toungue
I can't give any dates or promises.
I've put up a board where you can register and test out XThreads for anyone interested. Feel free to post (appropriate) random crap on the demo boards Toungue
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24

As of now, I am really not in the mood for editing templates, so I know a few things look kinda scrappy - obviously, this isn't really an issue with XThreads, the admin would just need to put the effort into editing the templates better.
Also, seems like AJAX Quick Reply is broken on the board - this isn't an issue with XTheads - probably something broke when I did the upgrade, but I'm not terribly excited about fixing it.

I've put some information about the admin interface in the first post for anyone interested.

Thanks for everyone's comments so far! Big Grin (yeah, I generally don't like responding to stuff like "thanks" cause it gets a bit repetitive, but please do understand that I value them very much!)
I tried to reply to a thread of mine but it's not showing for some reason.
Post link:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthre...30#pid1330

By the way, I guess we can use PHP in those templates, right? Because the download thing requires PHP Toungue
Everything is good, except for the downloads. That has to be improved a bit.

Great job!
Urgh, I see the issue with the downloads section. It worked fine for me probably because I've got the classic postbit set - so I didn't notice it before. (dealing with two different postbits suck)
I've disabled one of the postbits, so the downloads section should look alright now.

Thanks for pointing that out.

(2010-03-05, 02:48 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I guess we can use PHP in those templates, right? Because the download thing requires PHP Toungue
Nope. You'll need my other plugin if you want PHP in templates.
The XThreads attachment script (xthreads_attach.php) is a file included with XThreads which performs the download handling etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5