MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb = Notepad++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Phpbb = Notepad
MyBB = Notepad++
IPB = OpenOffice
VBulletin = Microsoft Word

Think about that and see if you understand.
Humm De dumm...

Are you saying:

phpBB = Meh
Mybb = Decent
IPB = pretty good
Vbullitin = Amazing?
PhpBB=Sh**
MyBB=Everything you need
IPB =Slow
Vbul=Vetern
(2010-02-08, 06:42 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]PhpBB=Sh**
MyBB=Everything you need
IPB =Slow
Vbul=Vetern

I vote for this explanation.
I think I know what labrocca means.

Notepad is just a very simple plain text editor. MSWord or OpenOffice, however, are both a complete text editor with lots of features, some of which are useless and don't fit into a text editor.
Now if we look at Notepad++, it's much more featured than Notepad, pretty simple and clean, but yet very powerful.

phpBB is just a very simple and plain forum software. IPB or vBulletin, however, are both a complete forum system with lots of features, some of which are useless and don't fit into a forum system (more of a social network).
Now if we look at MyBB, it's much more featured than phpBB, pretty simple and clean, but yet very powerful.
(2010-02-08, 07:32 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I think I know what labrocca means.

Notepad is just a very simple plain text editor. MSWord or OpenOffice, however, are both a complete text editor with lots of features, some of which are useless and don't fit into a text editor.
Now if we look at Notepad++, it's much more featured than Notepad, pretty simple and clean, but yet very powerful.

phpBB is just a very simple and plain forum software. IPB or vBulletin, however, are both a complete forum system with lots of features, some of which are useless and don't fit into a forum system (more of a social network).
Now if we look at MyBB, it's much more featured than phpBB, pretty simple and clean, but yet very powerful.

Yes, you got it. Smile

But: OpenOffice (Writer) only wants to become a clone of Microsoft Word, but it will never reach this state...
I like to think of OpenOffice as an feeble alternative to MS Office.
Quote:But: OpenOffice (Writer) only wants to become a clone of Microsoft Word, but it will never reach this state...

That's why it's IPB..it will probably never reach the same popularity of VB even though imho it's better software.

Notepad++ does some amazing things for text editing and the plugins system makes it extensible. Similar to MyBB imho. I would rather have an amazing text editor than a bloated word processor. I need to edit text not process words. For forums I need to manage a forum not create a social networking site. Mybb gives me all the tools I really need.

Glad a few of you caught on to my post without explanation.
I totally disagree with phpBB, it has lots of features that MyBB doesn't have (eg advanced group permissions, advanced mod permissions)
This makes no sense. Word processors and text editors are two completely different things.

EDIT: Disregard that, two posts above explains it Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11