MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Easy Tutorial: Step by Step] Adsense Revenue Sharing For MyBB1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,
I'm using the same file* as the link in the first post:
(*Easy edits are also mentioned)
This one http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=12686

#
You need a simple starting point to get a handle on this.
I suggest you go here:
admin/index.php?module=config-profile_fields
and make sure you have a custom field called "Adsense ID"

also...
It won't hurt to deactivate and then (re)activate the plugin.
(2011-04-19, 05:50 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]You need a simple starting point to get a handle on this.
I suggest you go here:
admin/index.php?module=config-profile_fields
and make sure you have a custom field called "Adsense ID"

so, i got this now, the problem was that the Adsense ID was set to be non-editable..

another problem now, i set default ID in plug in settings, which is 5676236325709660

and with a test member, i set another ID in the profile which is 6601904697443775
and set the weight to Equal and Sharing to 100%

i started a thread by the test member but in that thread, the ads shown are from the default ID 1.e 5676236325709660, everytime i refresh and check, its that default ID...

can you help me with this so that the ads can be shown with thread starter ID... ?

test thread of the test member is http://guide29.freeiz.com/showthread.php?tid=6&pid=51
(2011-04-19, 08:00 AM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]can you help me with this so that the ads can be shown with thread starter ID... ?

Yes, I already did, check the first post. Toungue

#
Edit: First post updated with newer info...

That will work + make sure you are logged out when testing the rev share, then you can see both ID's rotate.

so... now, it show the ads but only with admin pub id...
check both the threads in my test forum...
http://www.viprageek.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2
(2011-04-26, 04:51 AM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]so... now, it show the ads but only with admin pub id...
check both...

See below for update...
EDIT: "google_ad_slot" code is *not* needed, see first post, I'll leave the rest of this mess intact...

(2010-03-09, 05:45 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]...
Edit: (!!) The comment below is now outdated info (!!!)
Note: I verified the same ad slot code will work with more than one pub-id.
^^^
For a while the above was 100% true, I am certain.

Now it appears you might need all users to provide both a pub-id and a 'google_ad_slot' value in their profile.*
*after more modification to the plugin.

Does anyone have a link to verify the changes (which Google made) with ad_slot usage?
I'm searching now...
This may have happened several months back since I wasn't currently using Adsense.

a) google_ad_slot has always been a unique identifier for your color scheme.
b) When the newer Adsense code was introduced, a "google_ad_slot" code could be used with more than one pub-id, but (it seems) that is no longer true.

c) To fix the plugin:
Edit: Plugin works now, see first post.

#
Newer Update:
// - minimum 10 posts Test account needs at least 10 posts... ...
DUH! I forgot all about that.
I'm retesting with the old Adsense code (FYI: still "legal" to use) + This will not need "Ad_Slot _Code"
i am gonna test this now.. you are awesome.. Heart
unfortunately, its not rotating IDs for me..
check out my test forum...
admin thread: http://www.viprageek.com/showthread.php?tid=1
test member thread (adsense ID added): http://www.viprageek.com/showthread.php?tid=9
(2011-04-29, 03:02 PM)Thruster Wrote: [ -> ]....
check out my test forum...

Suggestion:
1) (Temporarily) Reverse the ID's, place your admin code in the test account and the other pub-id as the admin code.
2) Verify the ads show the other ID.

Why?
In my test, I tried a pub-ID "off some random blog" and the ads didn't show at all. The user had 'tied' his adsense code only to certain domains, and it will not work anywhere else. On another try a different code worked.
  • Make sure you have at least 2 pub-ID's which will actually show ads, even if you use a simple .html page to test the pub-id's.

There has to be a reason (with yours), I'm 100% certain the rotating IDs are working in my test.
I have successfully installed the plugin and maded all manual setting. Now the problem is I cant see the Adsense ID Field in USER CP. Help me in this matter !!!
(2011-05-04, 05:43 AM)AK 47 Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully installed the plugin and maded all manual setting. Now the problem is I cant see the Adsense ID Field in USER CP. Help me in this matter !!!

Hi Smile,
Look here:
usercp -> edit profile
[Image: adsense1.gif]
(2011-05-04, 05:49 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-04, 05:43 AM)AK 47 Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully installed the plugin and maded all manual setting. Now the problem is I cant see the Adsense ID Field in USER CP. Help me in this matter !!!

Hi Smile,
Look here:
usercp -> edit profile
[Image: adsense1.gif]

Here is the view of my User CP and Their is no Adsense ID shown in Profiles. How ever when I try to browse a user profile from Admin CP I can see the said field their >>> Please solve my problem so that users should view the subject filed in their user cp profiles.

User CP View

[attachment=22577]

Admin CP View

[attachment=22578]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5