MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Easy Tutorial: Step by Step] Adsense Revenue Sharing For MyBB1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-06-28, 07:07 PM)batathaer Wrote: [ -> ]Please help,, i'm getting this error when i click active :

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO ****_settings VALUES (NULL, 'rev_forum_13', '*********', 'Adjust weight settings for this forum.', 'select 1=Repliers get more weight 2=Topic starters get more weight 3=Equal weight 4=Only topic starters get weight', '3', 6, 56, 0)

Are you still having trouble?
"Column count..." is not an error I've seen before
what exactly does this do? I am confused. thanks
Hi,
Adsense Revenue Sharing = Your forum members can enter their Google Adsense ID and share the ad views. It's an incentive for them to be active members, but can also increase "spammy" type posts.
How exactly does this work? I understand anyone that puts their code in is able to make money, but how? Everytime the page refreshes a different persons ad shows up? or whatsup, please give more details on this.
And is it allowed with all of googles policies and what not?
Google has allowed revenue sharing for many years, yes.

@unify This gives more info:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-19336.html
[Image: D1MjA.png]

if ($fid == "fid") {
		$db->write_query("INSERT INTO `".TABLE_PREFIX."profilefields` VALUES (NULL, 'Adsense ID (<a href=\"misc.php?action=help&hid={$hid}\">what\'s this?</a>)', 'You can earn money on your Adsense account while posting on this forum.', 1, 'text', 20, 16, '0', '1', '1')");
		$fid = "fid" . $db->insert_id();

$db->write_query("
			ADD $fid TEXT
		");
	}
I need to edit the OP.
The error is from a new field in the default db table; The default value for the newer field is '0', so...

Find:
'text', 20, 16, '0', '1', '1')");

Replace:
'text', 20, 16, '0', '1', '1', '0')");

Now it will install. Smile
Would the member see there own ads as well? If so, this is a problem, if they click the ads, they could unknowingly be clicking their own and get banned.
(2012-11-03, 08:44 PM)wjack2010 Wrote: [ -> ]Would the member see there own ads as well? If so, this is a problem, if they click the ads, they could unknowingly be clicking their own and get banned.

No, the original plugin claimed to prevent that, and I think it worked well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5