MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Introducing ShopMyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Yay, it ShopMyBB is here!

Don't worry Imad, I am sure people will warm up to it when people start using it.
We have gathered the list of suggestions and have decided to disable registration at this point in time to improve the service. We feel it is best to do so to ensure a good standing between the community.

We have formulated a better idea for the commissions system that will be implemented.

If you registered an account, you may continue to login and use the services. However, while the changes are being made registration will continue to be disabled for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Smile

Best Regards.
Could you enable any Money range deposit?
i have : $4,17 USD in paypal =(

Also I am wondering what about ¿Selling Translations for plugins made in a future?
Deposit issue has been fixed earlier for those who were wondering.

(2010-03-12, 11:34 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]Could you enable any Money range deposit?
i have : $4,17 USD in paypal =(

We'll look into it. Smile

Quote:Also I am wondering what about ¿Selling Translations for plugins made in a future?

Good idea. Smile I'll discuss it with the team.
It's definitely a great idea, but as with anything else could use some development (from what I gather after reading the thread). Personally I can't see any of the full-time(?) plugin makers using the system, but I can certainly see some of the newer/less-frequent devs using it.

Good luck!
You're very good with manipulating words, and definitely good at marketing.
Clever idea, as we know that this community is filled with kids who seem to lack the ability of critical thinking.
However I don't think you'll succeed if you can't convince many authors. A much smarter move would be to have no commission, then charge commission later on when people take on the service (if you can find a way to do this legally). Furthermore, you really need to offer significant benefits over self hosting the modifications.
The benefit would be exposure for smaller plugin developers but well there aren't that many.
(2010-03-13, 07:38 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]The benefit would be exposure for smaller plugin developers but well there aren't that many.
As of now, I would assume the community boards here will be much more effective.
(2010-03-13, 07:38 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]The benefit would be exposure for smaller plugin developers but well there aren't that many.

WTF no! Business sense this ShopMyBB is new there ain't no exposure and only only has a small amount of market share as its new plus It will never get big as its target market is so tiny. New plugin developers will get more exposure on these community forums.

Personally in my opinion it has a chance of being successful. The commission rate is ridiculous considering what products are going to be on for sale I understand that other sites have a similar type of system but they perfect that with other benefits such as exposure and some sort of tanking. You should have had a higher increased return to the creators. 50% is quite low considering they would be selling goods at like $4 which means $2 return rate on each plugin. I get at least a hundred from each of my themes when I sponsor them out meaning I don't have to sell them at a price.

Don't understand what people are going on about with legal issues. Trust me there is no issues. A user has set up an account with a business which the user can deposit cash into to use as credit. Its a gift card or voucher system. I can go to any local supermarket and ask for my change in a gift card form which I can use at any time at that supermarket. One that doesn't even have any sort of financial services at all too. The risk is on the site which allows the withdrawal. You should really consider a back to basic approach by just allowing "pay per item". Your way to small to be taking money and for customers to do that they would need to be loyal and trustworthy to your site.

The design is good. Looks professional but you have a lot of controversial issues. Which I know everyone is aware of and with MyBB being a free product you site has just a small site of being successful. Subscription sites will always have an advantage. Tons more benefits then what you've got going on.

Cheers
Jag
I can't register ..

please do something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14