MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to freak out your users?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you want the background to scroll with the page, just add fixed in your background attribute.

For example:
.element	{background: #000 url(images.png) no-repeat fixed}
hmm... single word works on it? Cool. Shorter version of what my post was telling it to do.
(2010-03-22, 05:23 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]hmm... single word works on it? Cool. Shorter version of what my post was telling it to do.

(2010-03-22, 05:03 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]position: fixed;
top: 0;
right: 0;
(top and right numbers can be changed to change the location of the image)

Not exactly, the code you posted is to set the position of an element. What I posted is a background property.
Not exactly a shorter version of the code, but it is a shorter code to tell the system the same thing, ultimately. Both cases are telling it that it is supposed to be fixed. To be honest, I didn't know the fact you could just include that as a property for the background (or I'd have said it myself). It's good to know. Smile
If that's the way you want to see it, but they are different things. When you use position: fixed; the whole element is fixed, which leads to a whole different set of characteristics than a non-fixed element, or even an absolutely positioned element. And the element doesn't have to be an image, by element I mean any html element (div, p, ul, etc) IIRC, it's better for block elements though. So it's not "a shorter version of the code" because it doesn't make the same thing. But oh well, doesn't really matter.
LOL whoops... Just tried my own code a specific way and I can see what you mean. (well, not "my code" as it was a copy and paste job, lol)...Oh well; I tried.
Dear lord I will have to approve all themes first before people die.
Before people die? Wow...didn't know a theme could kill a person. I didn't even think they'd kill the site (well maybe while in use...). I'm learning new things every minute here! Toungue
I will provide a splash page that says "Warning this site has been defaced for april fools" Wether you use it or not is your own choice ;P
(2010-03-22, 08:10 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I will provide a splash page that says "Warning this site has been defaced for april fools" Wether you use it or not is your own choice ;P
You mean "Enter by own risk! Long term blindness, trauma(s), seizure(s), shock, or in the worst case death may occur."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5