MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB iPhone App
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Don't get your hopes up on the thread title, but definitely read this post Smile

Ok So I'm currently working on an iPhone App for MyBB. My goal is to have users launch the app and enter a URL. This URL will be a MyBB forum. ex: www.mybbforum.com

It will then pull information like thread titles, categories, forums, etc etc and place them into a nice looking version, much like Kyle's iBB skin.

The nice thing about this App is you wouldn't need to install anything on forums and you could use it on any forum. ie: MyBB Community Forums.

So Anyway, I'd like to know what kind of features the MyBB Community would like to see in it.

Feature List:
- View Categories/Forums
- Thread Listing
- Post View
- Replying
- Private Messaging
- User Profiles
I have wanted something like this for SO long. Something that supports all the major forum softwares would be awesome, and easily worth money.
Will it be paid or free?
I would like to see a Windows Mobile app (this is not ironic!). Nobody use the iPhone Toungue
What about us Android users!?

I have the Google Nexus One...
(2010-03-24, 04:52 AM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get your hopes up on the thread title, but definitely read this post Smile

Ok So I'm currently working on an iPhone App for MyBB. My goal is to have users launch the app and enter a URL. This URL will be a MyBB forum. ex: www.mybbforum.com

It will then pull information like thread titles, categories, forums, etc etc and place them into a nice looking version, much like Kyle's iBB skin.

The nice thing about this App is you wouldn't need to install anything on forums and you could use it on any forum. ie: MyBB Community Forums.

So Anyway, I'd like to know what kind of features the MyBB Community would like to see in it.

Feature List:
- View Categories/Forums
- Thread Listing
- Post View
- Replying
- Private Messaging
- User Profiles
Wouldn't it just be easier to make a mobile theme and then redirect users based on the OS of the Phone to the template?
Kyle already did that.

The point of this is to have an actual Application and so you can view forums that may or may not have installed a plugin. Meaning that I can go to virtually any MyBB forum running 1.4 and view a mobile version.
Don't forget the Blackberry!
I've been looking into this as well!
Anyhow, I'll send the black buttons over as soon as I find time.
Thanks Kyle, If you'd like to help me with this project, that would be awesome Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3