MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Proxy tool for university...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2010-03-30, 11:47 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Glas can you run a .exe file? This works at my school. Try downloading qemu http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page with linux on it. (To a USB key) and try it. Works at my school. Try downloading a browser and installing it on a USB key also.

never touched a linux before
i will try it Smile
(2010-03-31, 12:27 AM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-30, 11:47 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Glas can you run a .exe file? This works at my school. Try downloading qemu http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page with linux on it. (To a USB key) and try it. Works at my school. Try downloading a browser and installing it on a USB key also.

never touched a linux before
i will try it Smile

You may want to try it first before trying qemu.
You could use my WebProxy.

If you want an account or more information, P.M. me. Its private so...
http://hidemyass.com Used it many a time.
pull out the Ethernet cable after it begins to logon (when it says "loading settings" and BEFORE it says "applying settings"), if you time it right you will get no group policies, thus being able to hit windowskey + R

Then type regedit and find:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

Create a new DWORD value called "ProxyEnable" (without quotes) and put its value to 1
Then create a new string value called "ProxyServer" (again without quotes) and put the string value as "192.168.0.1" (no quotes). This basically uses the uni's active directory server as a proxy, and usually their servers are setup like so:

YOUPC -> ROUTER -> DOMAIN CONTROLLER -> WEBFILTERING -> AD SERVER -> Internet!

and you are doing this:

YOUPC -> ROUTER -> DOMAIN CONTROLLER -> AD SERVER -> Internet!
basically you are requesting access to the Active directory, which the web filtering wont disallow, you then tell the AD to handle your internet requests as normal Smile
(2010-03-31, 10:52 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]pull out the Ethernet cable after it begins to logon (when it says "loading settings" and BEFORE it says "applying settings"), if you time it right you will get no group policies, thus being able to hit windowskey + R

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Create a new DWORD value called "ProxyEnable" (without quotes) and put its value to 1
Then create a new string value called "ProxyServer" (again without quotes) and put the string value as "192.168.0.1" (no quotes). This basically uses the uni's active directory server as a proxy, and usually their servers are setup like so:

and you are doing this:

basically you are requesting access to the Active directory, which the web filtering wont disallow, you then tell the AD to handle your internet requests as normal Smile
too long to make in at every class (using random computers)
will try it anyway Smile
i hope to not get in problems
lol
Thanks Guys Smile
Web proxies suck (and the most popular are typically blocked).
If you can bypass the system using any form of virtualisation (qemu or otherwise), their security seriously blows. This also includes being able to change local proxy settings.
If you can bypass using an IP (eg DNS filtering), their security blows as well.

SSH tunneling has never failed me (may be situations where you need to do some other stuff, eg tunnel SSH over HTTPS), but it does require you to set up something. If you have a VPS or dedicated server, things are easy. If not, you can set up an OpenSSH server on your home machine and tunnel through that.
(2010-04-01, 01:57 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]SSH tunneling has never failed me (may be situations where you need to do some other stuff, eg tunnel SSH over HTTPS), but it does require you to set up something. If you have a VPS or dedicated server, things are easy. If not, you can set up an OpenSSH server on your home machine and tunnel through that.
Already tried and i was unable to connect O_O
In what way, and have you actually set the thing up correctly? (eg HTTP proxy settings)
(2010-03-31, 11:54 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-31, 10:52 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]pull out the Ethernet cable after it begins to logon (when it says "loading settings" and BEFORE it says "applying settings"), if you time it right you will get no group policies, thus being able to hit windowskey + R

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

and you are doing this:

too long to make in at every class (using random computers)
will try it anyway Smile
i hope to not get in problems
lol
Thanks Guys Smile

Mae a file containging this in notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
"ProxyServer"="192.168.0.1"

save it as something.reg to a removable device. Now just execute this file after pullling the cbale out and it will change the settings for you Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7