MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Proxy tool for university...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
^ That's silly. A well configured machine has default policies locked down. Besides, you can just use an alternative registry editor instead of regedit, so doing all that is unnecessary.
ALL networks I've seen at schools, Unis, libraries etc use a HTTP proxy, in which case, your method won't work, but IDK if yours would work in your situation.
(2010-04-01, 05:53 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]In what way, and have you actually set the thing up correctly? (eg HTTP proxy settings)

well i just tried to connect to my computer at home =/
and i just was unable to reach it
(2010-04-01, 09:03 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]^ That's silly. A well configured machine has default policies locked down. Besides, you can just use an alternative registry editor instead of regedit, so doing all that is unnecessary.
ALL networks I've seen at schools, Unis, libraries etc use a HTTP proxy, in which case, your method won't work, but IDK if yours would work in your situation.

Actually I advised my college on how to lock down their Computers, as I am the only perosn ever to cicumvent ALL security precautions. Removing the ethernet stops it loading policies, giving you free access to settings not set by the default profile. And writing a default profile for every usergroup takes a hell of a long time. Using a different tool wont work if regediting is disabled/the SRP's are set to whitelist.... Beleive me, I practically rewrote all of my colleges Group policies, we spent over a month checking every setting and creating a default profile for standard users - then reinstalled every machine using a networ install.

Basically you use the schools server as a http proxy. This worked for a long time at my college and the admins AND microsoft were stumped. This is a flaw in AD, it cant load Group policies if the policies are not reachable. The only way we secured the sevrer was to havea system task loaded by Task scheduler that was a vb.net programs that checked if a certian network drive was connected - if not it executed shutdown.exe -l -f (forced logoff)....
I can still run .exe's and .cmd's because a loose end i found they didn't tie up. So i either boot linux, or run firefox.
Is regedit enabled?

Type "regedit" in a notepad, and save as sometihng.bat

I fyou can edit the registry you can pretty much do anytihng XD
(2010-04-01, 07:37 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]I fyou can edit the registry you can pretty much do anytihng XD
Can you make my registry make my breakfast for me?
quite probably Smile

simply allow exe execution and then use complex programs to control a smart home Big Grin
(2010-04-01, 01:51 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-01, 05:53 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]In what way, and have you actually set the thing up correctly? (eg HTTP proxy settings)

From school or home? Did you port forward port 22 on your router (assuming you're using 22 for SSH)?

(2010-04-01, 03:43 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]Basically you use the schools server as a http proxy. This worked for a long time at my college and the admins AND microsoft were stumped. This is a flaw in AD, it cant load Group policies if the policies are not reachable. The only way we secured the sevrer was to havea system task loaded by Task scheduler that was a vb.net programs that checked if a certian network drive was connected - if not it executed shutdown.exe -l -f (forced logoff)....
I lol'd.
Aren't group policies local though? I don't see how disconnecting from the network will make a difference. I've always had to manually undo them via gpEdit.
(2010-04-02, 09:44 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-01, 01:51 PM)Glas Wrote: [ -> ]

From school or home? Did you port forward port 22 on your router (assuming you're using 22 for SSH)?
Well i don't use 22 (cannot say here what's the port Toungue) but yes is forwarded and i can't enter anyway. i think is blocked from the univ..

Anyway. at easters i cannot test it
i will try all the tips you guys & girls gave me

Big Grin I will report again in a few days
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7