MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RC]InstallMyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I don't see a huge benefit of this. I've already got mybb sitting on my computer and I check daily myself for any updates...and when I want to make a new forum I just upload it.
(2010-04-02, 10:24 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a huge benefit of this. I've already got mybb sitting on my computer and I check daily myself for any updates...and when I want to make a new forum I just upload it.

I see it as a way for FTP novices to upload it without getting overly confused on how to upload it. Seeing how you know how to, you wouldn't have much use for it.

It no work on my computer. Me and him tried it. ;.;
It seems as though it is incompatible with Windows Vista on a test server.
(2010-04-03, 01:35 PM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-02, 10:24 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a huge benefit of this. I've already got mybb sitting on my computer and I check daily myself for any updates...and when I want to make a new forum I just upload it.

I see it as a way for FTP novices to upload it without getting overly confused on how to upload it. Seeing how you know how to, you wouldn't have much use for it.

It no work on my computer. Me and him tried it. ;.;

In my opinion if you don't know how to upload and install a script, you shouldn't be running a site lol.
Very nice man. I was wondering if someone was gonna do this for mybb.
(2010-04-04, 11:35 PM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice man. I was wondering if someone was gonna do this for mybb.

Wonder no more! Wink
(2010-04-01, 10:01 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, it's like the auto installers for TYPO3 or Papaya CMS (for Windows). Wink

Is this software Open Source? Because your software get login data for FTP and MySQL and also admin user... Would be inspiring confidence if everybody can check the source code.

This software should come form only one source. Simply decompiling it, changing a few lines and recompiling it could easily allow any pirates to take your DB info. It may install and you may run your board without knowing that you info is being spread around dozens of hacking sites.... Good idea, but I would rather just install mybb myself :/
(2010-04-05, 01:40 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-01, 10:01 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, it's like the auto installers for TYPO3 or Papaya CMS (for Windows). Wink

Is this software Open Source? Because your software get login data for FTP and MySQL and also admin user... Would be inspiring confidence if everybody can check the source code.

This software should come form only one source. Simply decompiling it, changing a few lines and recompiling it could easily allow any pirates to take your DB info. It may install and you may run your board without knowing that you info is being spread around dozens of hacking sites.... Good idea, but I would rather just install mybb myself :/

(2010-04-01, 12:57 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-01, 11:40 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if that would be good since everyone could easily add 10 lines of code to send the login data to another server and re-compile the code and re-distribute it.

Another situation: I could easily add 10 lines of code in MyBB package to send the login data to another server and re-distribute it. I would never do this, but this could everybody to with every open source software.

So you should only use software from a confident source.

But I would never type my passwords into a software without knowing what happen with them.
This is good for people who are new to this forum software, they might not know how to install this or understand the how to so good job.
Aaron, you're not looking at from a newbies point of view, so you don't think it's useful.
Nice idea. I'm just testing it out, so far so good. Big Grin

Edit: For some reason the MySQL credentials aren't working. I don't know why as they are exactly copied and pasted from cPanel. Oh well, guess I'll just do it the old fashion way. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7