MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting a new netbook, but not sure which one to get.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So as of next month I will have had my current netbook for 2 years (longest I've ever had the same workstation). So I'm looking to get something new but I'm not sure which one to get since they all seem so similar these days.

My requirements are it must have an Intel Atom N450, Wireless N, 5+ hours of battery life, less than 3lbs with battery, and better than 1024 x 600 resolution. I know that doesn't really narrow anything down but I'm looking for some feedback based on experience or research done.

Also, if somebody knows of one that has a metal case that would be awesome too (I like how my HP 2133 is all aluminum versus the plastic ones that feel like a toy).

So post up your suggestions! Big Grin
No idea if you want this but this would be good me thinks. and interesting, so just dropping it here (200 bucks)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t...ht=netbook

Also i would recomend the Eee. I have one, i prefer it over any netbook. Tis sexy
http://ca.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=sZ0sI6WqjnCHGFta

(similar to mine)
Honestly, I would rather go with a regular laptop. Netbooks are too small.

But if your looking for something small/compact and for travel, etc then i would look at the iPad.
(2010-04-02, 09:15 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I would rather go with a regular laptop. Netbooks are too small.

But if your looking for something small/compact and for travel, etc then i would look at the iPad.

OH, i agree, with its great lack of features such as, no multitasking and no flash, to start. It is not a replacement for a netbook. Its a freaken ipod touch with a bigger screen.
Why? The iPad is so limited it isn't even funny. Sure it's okay if there's apps for what you need but if not it's a huge waste of money. You can't code on it, FTP or do very many practical webhosting-related things as I'm sure Joe needs to do.

I can't really point you in the right direction since I haven't had any experience with a netbook :/
If your looking for something just for business/travel then it's a great product. You can get iWork for it, plug it into a projecter, etc. So what if it doesn't have a few features that laptop has, its more portable. Plus the 3.2 software has features we don't even know yet.

I would recommend a regular laptop overall though.
@Scoutie, there are FTP Apps, If I really wanted to, I could manage a whole website from my iPod Touch.
(2010-04-02, 09:20 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]If your looking for something just for business/travel then it's a great product. You can get iWork for it, plug it into a projecter, etc. So what if it doesn't have a few features that laptop has, its more portable. Plus the 3.2 software has features we don't even know yet.

I would recommend a regular laptop overall though.
@Scoutie, there are FTP Apps, If I really wanted to, I could manage a whole website from my iPod Touch.

Actually it isn't. Look at it. Its actually harder to carry around then a laptop or a netbook. Does it comes with iWork? If not thats a waste of cash to blow money on. Can you add a dock the the Ipad? Can you play flash games? Can you webchat? It sounds like your just being a mac fanboy for a product that is crap.
My friend loves his new little acer. I'm not sure but I think it's one of the aspire one models.
(2010-04-02, 09:35 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]My friend loves his new little acer. I'm not sure but I think it's one of the aspire one models.

If its a netbook acer only has one. Could be the timeline as well since its little. If you want a small (13in) full laptop though Joe, i would look at the travelmate timeline
Pages: 1 2 3