MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum spam ><
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been getting a lot of forum spam lately. Usually in the form of people posting unrelated posts in threads so their signature link gets indexed. Since said forum is rather small, these unrelated posts are really starting to piss me off.

Anyway, I've got Google Analytics set up on the entire site, and I'm trying to figure out where all this spam is coming from. All the referring sites appear to be harmless, though, this doesn't make any sense. Do spammers have a mental list of forums and type them in all manually?
Which forum is this on?
http://cmybb.com/forum

I have a disclaimer on the registration page. That stopped everything for about a week, but it's all starting to flood in again. It's almost as if the spam groups pondered it for a few days then decided it didn't mean anything.
I've heard of that, but apparently it blocks many honest registrations.
(2010-04-05, 05:13 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard of that, but apparently it blocks many honest registrations.

Well if they're so honest why are they in the SFS database?
Downloading now.
I envy you. I've been trying to attract spammers to my site. Not working!
(2010-04-05, 05:36 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I envy you. I've been trying to attract spammers to my site. Not working!

Okay I'll bite. Why?
Pages: 1 2 3 4