MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Rate / Private release] Photoshop Bliss - dotrb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thanks other Rob. Big Grin
Looks unfinished and messy. It has great potential but you need to adress every area of the board and make them match, such as the theads, and the panel.
What do you mean the theads? They match the theme very well in my and others opinion?. The panel is a hard one to do; no but thanks for that. I'll think I'll change it to match with the TCat.
The buttons need some work.
If you mean for the New Thread / New Reply / Rate User buttons, then yeah I completely agree. Toungue I got lazy and tired after doing all the postbit ones. I'll be fixing them up over the weekend. Thanks for the input. Smile
Are you going to be releasing this?
I don't really see how the theads add to the theme.. you have a nice dark background but then the tables just pop out of nowhere. They need to match more.
(2010-04-20, 02:19 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Are you going to be releasing this?

At the moment, if I did it'd be a paid release. But I'm trying to decide wheather I keep it for my Forum, or make some money out of it. At the moment I'm looking to keep it private.

(2010-04-20, 09:18 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see how the theads add to the theme.. you have a nice dark background but then the tables just pop out of nowhere. They need to match more.

Well, to be completely honest I disagree. But thanks for the input.
(2010-04-21, 12:06 AM)TriloByte Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-20, 09:18 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really see how the theads add to the theme.. you have a nice dark background but then the tables just pop out of nowhere. They need to match more.

Well, to be completely honest I disagree. But thanks for the input.

I can kind of see what he's saying. Maybe you should try making the thead_bg a little darker, like the background (not the colorful one, the blue one).
That's cool if you like it that way, but from my perspective the theme is incomplete. The background starts out great but as you proceed to enter the content area there's too much contrast with no real relevancy to the rest of the theme. To be honest the theme looks messy, incomplete and thrown together in a hurry. The panel has not been addressed at all, the footer hasn't been improved (aside from adding your own copyright and removing potentially useful links), the buttons came out of nowhere and the overall color choice is random and not well thought out. At first glance it has great potential but lacks the effort necessary to fulfill that potential. If I were you I'd "finish" the theme before attempting to make profit from it.

I may sound very critical however the work I produce depends a lot on the effort I put into it, and it becomes very noticeable to people with a critical eye. I can't stand to see great ideas and potential ruined by a lack of effort or thought.

As I said before though, if you like it this way then that's fine, however I like to offer my opinions in my "area".
Pages: 1 2 3 4