MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Rate / Private release] Photoshop Bliss - dotrb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-04-21, 02:36 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]That's cool if you like it that way, but from my perspective the theme is incomplete. The background starts out great but as you proceed to enter the content area there's too much contrast with no real relevancy to the rest of the theme. To be honest the theme looks messy, incomplete and thrown together in a hurry. The panel has not been addressed at all, the footer hasn't been improved (aside from adding your own copyright and removing potentially useful links), the buttons came out of nowhere and the overall color choice is random and not well thought out. At first glance it has great potential but lacks the effort necessary to fulfill that potential. If I were you I'd "finish" the theme before attempting to make profit from it.

I may sound very critical however the work I produce depends a lot on the effort I put into it, and it becomes very noticeable to people with a critical eye. I can't stand to see great ideas and potential ruined by a lack of effort or thought.

As I said before though, if you like it this way then that's fine, however I like to offer my opinions in my "area".

I chose that blue for the theads' because in my opinion and view of it, going too much darker would just end up blending in with the container background. Also I feel it works with the bright top colours of the overall background. But I can slightly see where you're coming from. I'll have a mess around with it in the next few days and see if anything else works. Saying that the theme looks incomplete and put together in a hurry actually is instuling me. When I say I spent two days on it, I don't mean 30 minutes here and there for a day or two; I mean I spent a good 14 hours each day on it. I had school holidays and nothing better to do. I'm sure you didn't mean it in that type of way, but I put a lot of effort and hard work into it. Be careful what you say; it's a little insulting. The panel on the other hand has been addressed, its' actually the hardest thing I had to try and do. It in fact actually has the same effect as the trow's, but because there is only one panel it doesn't have the same look to it. I'm thinking of switching it to the tcat style. I tend not to touch the footer very much, it doesn't bother me, I like the way it works. And I haven't removed any useful links that I haven't made up for in the header. The buttons did not come out of 'nowhere', I chose them to suit in with the colours of the tcat, and in the nice cremey brown suits the dark royal navy blue. The colour scheme was very well thought out, I saw a style and liked it. The colours work very well together. I'm not wishing to make a profit out of it at the moment, I'm using it for personal use on my Software and Design company site.

Thank you.
(2010-04-20, 01:33 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks unfinished and messy. It has great potential but you need to adress every area of the board and make them match, such as the theads, and the panel.

I personally like the threads the way they are.
(2010-04-21, 10:20 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-20, 01:33 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks unfinished and messy. It has great potential but you need to adress every area of the board and make them match, such as the theads, and the panel.

I personally like the threads the way they are.

Thanks Jessie S, so do I. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4