MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Little bit disappointed @ nested tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Because even in the 1.6 beta they still don't work Sleepy

^ example lol. same results in the beta. Not sure if it constitutes as a "bug" per se because it's been an issue since the start of MyBB
Was that even being changed??
After we've had so many threads here in the support forum about it, I had hoped it wouldn't be ignored again by the developers.
(2010-05-16, 09:45 PM)PHP_Paul Wrote: [ -> ]After we've had so many threads here in the support forum about it, I had hoped it wouldn't be ignored again by the developers.

We explained it before. Fixing many of these issues in the parser issues requires an entire rewrite of it, which is not going to happen for 1.6.
Yes I can see this sort of thing coming up a lot. 1.6 has been public via the SVN since August 2009, 9 months, there's been ample time to test and fix/suggest fixes for bigger issues.
I'm just an end user o.o Just the average run of the mill person who downloads and uses MyBB. And as that person, not someone who goes and checks night builds of 1.6, I was simply hoping a long running problem had been fixed.

Obviously there's a reason it has yet to be addressed and that's fine. This forum is for feedback and I was simply putting my opinion out there ^_^
Wait. So what did you want me to do then?
Just stop being lazy - expecting everything to magically fix itself, and help out...
(2010-05-18, 05:19 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Just stop being lazy - expecting everything to magically fix itself, and help out...

This
My logic was that if you've known about this issue for a long time it wouldn't have been unreasonable to have checked out the status of it before, that's all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4