MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is MyBB 1.6 Gold free?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-05-27, 11:28 AM)ep98 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, from where 1.6 can be downloaded, so I can sync my current translation to 1.6 (it's not released yet, bcz is partial) - 100% frontend, 75% administration, and at the moment don't have much free time
http://community.mybb.com/thread-69638.html
Or SVN...
Thanks

Hmmm, 1.5.0.1 still doesn't sync language files, since there is a option Translate with English (American). Why MyBB doesn't display new strings from latest English America to Bulgarian 1.4.13 ?
Every mybb version is free
MyBB is licensed under the GPL, so it will be free.
And donnaj867, this is kind of off topic what you posted
I am really love myBB, free forever with lot of features
(2010-05-27, 11:28 AM)ep98 Wrote: [ -> ]From this 3 commercial forums, no one uses UTF-8.
vBulletin 4.0.3 (Suite) allows using UTF-8, but stores the content as ISO8859-1 in tables with coalitions utf8_general_ci (crap)
IPB 3.1.0 Beta doesn't allow UTF-8 at all, Cyrillic alphabet, Kanji symbols comes as ????
Wolftlab Buletin Board 3.1 - same piece of sh.... as vBulletin 4.0

GPLed forums that supports fully supports UTF-8 are:
MyBB
SMF 2
phpBB 3
FluxBB (fork of PunBB 1.3)
PunBB 1.3

Others which tries to catch users and developers with features such as *fully UTF-8 support , even don't mind to pre-encode they're language files into UTF-8 without BOM at least and to change main charset from ISO8859-1.

WBB, IPB and VB latest releases gives nothing more compared to MyBB.

Installing themes and modules in MyBB and SMF 2 can't be compared to the "easiest" way of this commercial forums - Find this, replace it with that .... the good old times with phpBB 2. Thanks but no.

Still wondering why people try to get and/or search for forks of this pieces of crap....

Btw, from where 1.6 can be downloaded, so I can sync my current translation to 1.6 (it's not released yet, bcz is partial) - 100% frontend, 75% administration, and at the moment don't have much free time

IPB uses UTF-8.
and smf is not gpled. :p
(2010-07-25, 03:24 AM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]and smf is not gpled. :p
If your host uses safe_mode (which they shouldn't tbh), then it's also impossible to mod the easy way.
There's also the risk of breaking the login system -- that's happened to me.

But yeah, SMF isn't GPL or similar, only free. They also tacked on an ® for good measure. Toungue

MyBB is and will always be free and awesome. All it needs now is a decent chatbox addon (sorry Pirata, but MyShoutbox really isn't that great compared to what I've seen. Toungue) and some decent themes that are free.
Pirata is working on a new version of the shoutbox that will pretty much take out the gunk and stabilize the bling. :p At least, that is what I understood about it. More an more people are trying mybb though, and more and more people are beginning to mod for it. It is only a matter of time before we have a really nice shoutbox, or a few that we can all agree on. And mybb 1.6 is great to promote mybb. Mybb is showing the world how good it is at keeping updated with the world, and though 1.6 is not a hug overhall, it's still a push. Every push will get noticed. :p

so yeah, it's only a matter of time before we actually have everything everyone else has and more, at least the way I see it.
Plus, some might think it won't be free because they now use .com instead of .org

.com (commercial)
.org (open source)

That was the original idea behind them both and their use.
Pages: 1 2 3 4