MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux Users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2010-06-22, 02:52 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]I think I'll stick with ubunu, thanks. Wink

Ubuntu can run flux box Toungue.
Fluxbuntu.
I think he meant he'll stick with Gnome.
(2010-06-22, 01:54 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the Terminal to browse web page, it doesn't get more CLI than that.
It was on the blank part of my background.

Lynx <3 I love Lynx, so great if you just need to browse quickly.
RHEL or bust.
(2010-06-22, 05:06 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]Fluxbuntu.
I think he meant he'll stick with Gnome.

Indeed.
Quote:Do you mean Fluxbox is frustrating?

Yep Smile It's something I like to mess around with, but the menu system is unbelievably irritating and XFCE or even Gnome don't use much more resources. Gnome is my preference, followed by XFCe, KDE always seemed too bloated, that I don't even update it anymore.

The only other ones I've tried are Enlightenment (something that I can't take seriously, but a nice hobby attempt) and Blackbox (Fluxbox, but less Smile)
(2010-06-23, 08:45 AM)blueparukia Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Do you mean Fluxbox is frustrating?

Yep Smile It's something I like to mess around with, but the menu system is unbelievably irritating and XFCE or even Gnome don't use much more resources. Gnome is my preference, followed by XFCe, KDE always seemed too bloated, that I don't even update it anymore.

The only other ones I've tried are Enlightenment (something that I can't take seriously, but a nice hobby attempt) and Blackbox (Fluxbox, but less Smile)

Well, Gnome uses about 180mb, Xfce uses 15mb and Fluxbox uses 800kb. So they do really.
I'm not seeing any flaws with the menu system. It takes just one click to access it on Gnome or Fluxbox. Except with Fluxbox you have a lot more space to click and bring it up.
Havent used Linux in a while, as the job that I'm doing atm I need photoshop, and I hate messing with Wine. But I always go for Fedora + KDE. It's teh seks.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt79/...hot5-1.png
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5