MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Swearing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I just looked over the rules cause I was wondering if we were aloud to swear when we feel like it, apparently, we can... Smile Unless I'm blink cause I never saw any sort of rule like that...
Why would you want to? It's not pleasant or ever necessary.
idk. I swear all the time irl. Not sure about here.
It's like real life. Swearing isn't against the law, but doing it in public is somewhat frowned upon. bear in mind that this community inhabits some younger members that may not know the alternative words to faeces and female genitals so it is best not to introduce that to them. Leave that job to the cool kids at high school. Smile
I hate swearing. It bugs me. It bothers me. When I see, hear or read it, I get angry. I hate it so much. There's no need to swear so why swear.
(2010-06-17, 12:57 AM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]I hate swearing. It bugs me. It bothers me. When I see, hear or read it, I get angry. I hate it so much. There's no need to swear so why swear.

It's like you took the words right out of my mouth. That's exactly how I feel.
(2010-06-17, 12:57 AM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]I hate swearing. It bugs me. It bothers me. When I see, hear or read it, I get angry. I hate it so much. There's no need to swear so why swear.

There is no reason to hate things, so why hate things?

Just because you do things differently to us, doesn't mean everyone else should live by it religously.
If you swear now and than the staff won't mind but if you repeatedly swear or swear against another member than you will get punished.
(2010-06-16, 11:59 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if we were aloud to swear when we feel like it, apparently, we can...

You can but you will almost always get a warning. While it doesn't explicitly forbid swearing it comes under this:
Quote:No Inappropriate Content – This includes abusive, hateful, harassing, sexually-orientated, threatening, or invasive of a person’s privacy. You agreed to this when you registered on this forum.
Usually swearing is considered abusive but I should probably also see about getting offensive added to that list of possible inappropriate content.

The bottom line is, there are better ways of expressing yourself than swearing and we expect that you don't swear here for the sake of a friendly environment that is appropriate for everyone.
What if you're expressing rage through the use of the eff wurd?
inb4you'llgetwarned
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5