MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to install Ubuntu tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I need to backup a few things first, like all my TV shows, music and images. Which is the part that will take the most time. Either way, I will install it as a month trial. If I don't like it, I'll go back to Windows.

But I have to ask you guys one thing. What's the best way to run games on Linux?
On windows. Wine and Cedgea, cross over etc don't work aswel as they claim. It takes effort. What games exactly?
Here's a little tip. As amazing as Wine is, if you use your computer to play graphically intensive games, I suggest sticking with Windows. For a lifelong Windows users, it is a learning curve for you to move onto a Linux distribution. I'm all for it, but you have to understand that things may not work right away or at all on Linux.
(2010-06-23, 01:03 AM)Vampyrean Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a little tip. As amazing as Wine is, if you use your computer to play graphically intensive games, I suggest sticking with Windows. For a lifelong Windows users, it is a learning curve for you to move onto a Linux distribution. I'm all for it, but you have to understand that things may not work right away or at all on Linux.

And they can break very easily.
What they said Toungue. The only thing truly keeping me from linux is gaming. (I might say things like photoshop but wine has got CS2 pretty dang well and that's good enough for me)
How about a virtual box?
Virtual box is usually fine as long as you have enough memory and disk space.
Dual boot seems to be the best option. Ubuntu for everyday work, and Windows for games and specific applications.

Also, I'm trying Wubi right now.
If you dual boot, using windows 7, use Ubuntu 9.04

There are known compatibility bugs with W7/10.04LTS Smile
Pages: 1 2 3