MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Closing Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wouldn't it be ironic if this thread got closed?

My point Ryan, is that its chit-chat. In our history i'd say that 90% of the threads in it get off topic on some level. Hardly any ever work.
Off-topic is fine though. I don't think I've said off-topic is the issue. It's more the insults and arguing that I have an issue with. To avoid this, we'd like to steer the community towards one that is more positive and friendly, rather than 'hating' and negativity.

PS. I will not be closing this thread, and hope no other staff do. Shy
nothing against the forum mods ...nothing at all

but i do think that, in this case, closing was a mistake

its like saying ...

"Your holding a knife in your hand...i'm going to arrest you before you kill someone"

and then justifying it by saying

"hey we had to do it because statistics show that people holding knives have killed people"

imho this*was mistaken over moderation

* not generalizing
(2010-06-25, 04:00 AM)Darkmew Wrote: [ -> ]its like saying ...

"Your holding a knife in your hand...i'm going to arrest you before you kill someone"

and then justifying it by saying

"hey we had to do it because statistics show that people holding knives have killed people"
Well actually, where I am from that pretty much is the law. Carrying a weapon (pocket knife, machete, etc.) is illegal and a chargeable offence.

Of course it's quite different as the reasoning behind this law is that the person carrying the weapon may over react to something that startles them and they could injure or kill someone by accident without thinking. Or simply the fact that they have a weapon could attract unwanted attention from others looking for trouble.

Err, what was I saying? Angel
Ryan, i have a picture in my Law book for you. It has two cops standing outside, talking to a black man.

It says. "You look just like this guy in the sketch of someone about to commit a crime." That chapter delt with arrests.
I had a funny picture for Scoutie44 but don't have anyway to share it with him (read: thread was removed). Sad
Staff here has a long history of closing threads with discussions they don't agree with. I don't see this as anything new.

Just saying...this isn't anything new.
(2010-06-25, 04:26 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I had a funny picture for Scoutie44 but don't have anyway to share it with him (read: thread was removed). Sad

Dangit Toungue
Please close this thread before it goes south.

KTHXBYE
(2010-06-25, 04:31 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Staff here has a long history of closing threads with discussions they don't agree with. I don't see this as anything new.
Would you rather we let some of these discussions continue, so that people can come and find it and read up on all the wrong sorts of information and make ill-advised judgements about us and what we stand for?
Pages: 1 2 3 4