MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Admin Forums (Theme Makeover - July 10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.theadminforums.net

My modest little forums. It's open, however I will be doing a lot of work on it. Feel free to come and join in.

I'll be looking into doing competitions and other fun stuff in the future.

Edit (July 10): I've changed around the theme, please review it.
I like it, im joining Big Grin
Awesome Zash! Might join in the future, between I lost your IM Sad. Mind PMing me it.
(2010-06-27, 02:34 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome Zash! Might join in the future, between I lost your IM Sad. Mind PMing me it.

Not sure what I sent you :p

Thanks for the feedback. I have added in a Thanks system to replace the Reputation system, and made some group images.
Just some honest feelings i got looking at the site

the theme, though looking nice and clean, looks quite bland

by that i mean that if i were to stumble upon it, it would not attract me to the site at once

good amount and good types of forums, which should fill up quite well

maybe think about changing the default buttons but as i write this i notice you said

Quote:It's open, however I will be doing a lot of work on it.

worth keeping an eye on this Wink
Too many boards. "Forum discussion" can all be one board.
(2010-06-27, 03:39 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Too many boards....
Too many forums...?

Room for growth +
"Admin" is a big topic
Needs more boards. Toungue

#
...the theme, though looking nice and clean, looks quite bland.
Zash, your forum does look "nice and clean", maybe a gradient on { thead_bg.gif } would add an extra touch.
I have 10 boards, which I feel is not too big and not too small. It has fairly general forums (like software specific forum is for all software, rather than one forum for each). I will expand as I need to, but I think the setup I have right now will last for a while.

In regards to the theme, I'm looking for ideas to liven it up. Seeker, the thead does have a gradient :p Maybe it's a little too subtle, but it's there. I had the tcat as red originally, but decided it was too much.

I'm very hopeful for this site. On our first day, we got 13 members and around 100 posts Smile
After being live for about a week, I'd love more responses and feedback.
The search bar needs a little magnifying glass icon that you click to see the search resullts. Asking to press enter might be a problem on portable devices such as ipods, cellphones and PSPs.
Pages: 1 2 3