MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I get more members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Not another one of these threads Undecided

Honestly, if you want to get an active community, your going to need four things:
  • Time (Lots)
  • Dedication (Don't quite half way through)
  • Web Managment Knowledge (Advertising, using social/entertainment networks to attract members, etc.
  • Money, cash, the green, a couple fat ones, etc.
Some nice tips you have given. Thanks.

People will not take it seriously if we are too simple and have less forums. The more we have, the more options they will be able to chose and post thread regarding their needs.
(2010-07-12, 10:27 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Not another one of these threads Undecided

Honestly, if you want to get an active community, your going to need four things:

Disagree. You don't need money to build a strong community.

(2010-07-13, 08:04 AM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]Some nice tips you have given. Thanks.

People will not take it seriously if we are too simple and have less forums. The more we have, the more options they will be able to chose and post thread regarding their needs.

Why did you ask for advice if you're just going to ignore all of it? Your board has almost no members; why are you acting like an expert?
(2010-07-13, 04:55 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-12, 10:27 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Not another one of these threads Undecided

Why did you ask for advice if you're just going to ignore all of it? Your board has almost no members; why are you acting like an expert?

I agree with both of these statements. You shouldn't need money to get a reasonably sized community, and more forums just make your site look empty.
Read the articles that Bob posted, especially the last one. Too many forums + not enough posts = bad.

As to the money comments, of course you can build a strong community without a lot of money. It's just way better to have the extra resources on hand for marketing expenses. I'm definitely no expert on running a successful community though.
Unless you're running a site with the sole intent to make money, I don't think you need to spend anything outside of hosting costs. I work in a marketing department and we are doing more and more marketing without spending because of the social ventures the internet allows us. I think word of mouth and strong content is the best you can do.
Hire a guy to dress up in a mobile billboard suite and have him wave to traffic with your website on the board.
(2010-07-13, 11:45 PM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]Hire a guy to dress up in a mobile billboard suite and have him wave to traffic with your website on the board.

This. If anything, they will join to say your advertising is stupid.
(2010-07-14, 12:08 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-13, 11:45 PM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]Hire a guy to dress up in a mobile billboard suite and have him wave to traffic with your website on the board.

This. If anything, they will join to say your advertising is stupid.

get it? billboard?

Why are you asking too many questions?! Lol calm down.
Who said I have ignored? The board will be filled up at least 10 threads in each forum by the next week. Then I will do some advertising.

(2010-07-13, 07:11 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree with both of these statements. You shouldn't need money to get a reasonably sized community, and more forums just make your site look empty.
It depends on when you want members... if you want it quick, advertising is the best option. Without advertising, they can't find you. And SEO takes hell of a time, especially on MyBB.

(2010-07-13, 08:22 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you're running a site with the sole intent to make money, I don't think you need to spend anything outside of hosting costs. I work in a marketing department and we are doing more and more marketing without spending because of the social ventures the internet allows us. I think word of mouth and strong content is the best you can do.
You need to spend for SEO and advertising a little, if you want to make it bigger.

Maybe next year. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6