MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I get more members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2010-07-15, 08:30 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 07:26 PM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]Then having on SEO within 16 hours with vBulletin really doesn't make me failure. Don't talk till you try those softwares.

I don't need to explain more on myBB SEO.

Lol.

If you think MyBB isn't search engine optimized effectively then why not share your reasons so the MyBB team can improve it?

I think what you actually mean is that you can't explain more because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Agreed. Did you actually attempt to help your forum appear on google? Or did you sit on an empty site and wait? Have you tried all 3 using identical setups and posts? How can you be sure it was not the content? You have no fair way to test them all.
(2010-07-15, 07:43 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 06:47 PM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 02:05 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 08:42 AM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]You need to spend for SEO and advertising a little, if you want to make it bigger.

http://worldbeyblade.org

money spent on advertising and SEO: $0

Wink Are you SURE?

Why don't you google: http://worldbeyblade.org ?

You will see related sites, blogs and posts that referred to the forum, which I believe as advertising.
7k Members is considered medium, not really a "Big" forum. But I don't mind having that many members either.

Yes, I'm sure. I'm the one who created worldbeyblade.org. Aside from posting it on a few relevant message boards I didn't advertise it at all. I spent no money advertising it. I continue to advise the current administration, who also do not spend any money advertising. They are currently getting 100-200 registrations a week.

I think 7000 members is quite good considering its niche. I sincerely believe that the best way to get visitors is through high-quality content and word of mouth. It doesn't matter how much money you spend on advertising if your site itself doesn't entice them to come back more than once.

You're quite arrogant for someone who can't seem to figure out the obvious reasons why your forum isn't growing as rapidly as you'd hoped.
You have just explained yourself.
I have some ideas why my forum isn't growing much, but none the less you are more professional in myBB than me at this moment and thank you for help.

I had no intention to offense you or anything. I am sorry if you are hurt in anyway.

BTW, how long has it been that forum up? TBH, it looks magnificent. Blush
(2010-07-15, 07:26 PM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]Then having on SEO within 16 hours with vBulletin really doesn't make me failure. Don't talk till you try those softwares.

Lol.-

If you think MyBB isn't search engine optimized effectively then why not share your reasons so the MyBB team can improve it?

I think what you actually mean is that you can't explain more because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Dude I explained it already!
I am comparing it to other forum softwares like vB and IPB. Have you ever tried them?

(2010-07-15, 08:50 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol.

Agreed. Did you actually attempt to help your forum appear on google? Or did you sit on an empty site and wait? Have you tried all 3 using identical setups and posts? How can you be sure it was not the content? You have no fair way to test them all.
Yes sir, I have tried. I have also submitted sitemaps, feeds in G'webmaster and Bing. I have used other forums and it took no less than 16 hours to appear on SEs.

Gentlemen, I am not here to argue or debate. So calm down. And 2nd of all, don't post anything to compare with my site. It doesn't help trust me. And 3rd, you are probably way more experienced in me.

So as many of you suggested to take down some of the forums because it's really big... but me and some of my friends are clueless how we will take it down. Since we want to help as much as possible... we don't know if taking down will be effective.

I am also going to host big contests soon and there will be "Helper of the Week" on top of the page. But I don't know what should I give out for prize and how much the prize should be worth...hehe
N1LOY I was going to give you some advice for your forum but based on your arrogant replies I'm not going to do that.

I'll instead give you some personal advice. Don't believe you know something especially when you're in the position where you're asking for help. If you knew so much you wouldn't have created this thread.

I don't see your forum reaching any levels of success based solely on you being it's admin.

Good luck.

Oh and money spent to advertise HF = $0, MyBBCentral = $0, and SF = $0 too. I really don't spend money and I've had a dozen or so successful forums many of which running stock MyBB urls. SEO urls are overrated.
(2010-07-15, 11:03 PM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]Dude I explained it already!
I am comparing it to other forum softwares like vB and IPB. Have you ever tried them?

No, you haven't explained.

And, yes, I have. Don't presume we're all as clueless as yourself.
(2010-07-15, 11:41 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]

When did I presume that you haven't tried it? Asking is not presuming.
vBulletin:

Search Engine Optimization
SEO Friendly URLs
Custom META keywords/description tags
Automatic Google XML sitemap module
Removal of duplicate content links

IPB:

Friendly URL Structure

Public-facing URLs in IP.Board use a friendly, human-readable structure, making them easy to understand for humans and good for search engines spidering your content.

It's Built In

Our SEO capabilities are standard and built in to IP.Board 3. There's no additional cost, and no additional setup to use them. IP.Board 3 allows your community to be optimized for search engines, without needing to be a search engine expert.
Little Optimizations Add Up...

There's also dozens of small optimizations, which all add up to improve SEO. These include:

* Semantic markup
* Appropriate meta description tags
* Canonical meta tag
* "noindex" meta tag on non-content pages
* Correct header codes

MyBB:
2 Plug-ins Available, built in. Takes longer for SEO to index URLs.
Me and 3 of my other friends tried with three different types of forums and concluded the same result.

Copied and pasted. Just so you can compare them.
(2010-07-16, 12:20 AM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]

-snip-

/read labrocca's post.

Also if you hate MyBB's SEO so much, go back to Vbull. Unlike them MyBB is free, meaning they don't care if you use it. Would they like it? Sure, why not. But by all means it don't think Chris will lose any sleep if you don't use it.
(2010-07-15, 11:30 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]N1LOY I was going to give you some advice for your forum but based on your arrogant replies I'm not going to do that.

I'll instead give you some personal advice. Don't believe you know something especially when you're in the position where you're asking for help. If you knew so much you wouldn't have created this thread.

I don't see your forum reaching any levels of success based solely on you being it's admin.

Good luck.

Oh and money spent to advertise HF = $0, MyBBCentral = $0, and SF = $0 too. I really don't spend money and I've had a dozen or so successful forums many of which running stock MyBB urls. SEO urls are overrated.

Why are you posting if you can't help? And I have apologized to them if I have hurt them anyhow. Here is another personal advice, if you can't help, don't post. Now you have insulted me as an arrogant, I will be arrogant and will give you personal advice.

You are posting your sites. Yeah dude.. you are super-duper cool. Don't forget your sites are old and promoted one from the other...

And I believe there is a section where you can post your sites: http://community.mybb.com/forum-17.html
(2010-07-16, 12:26 AM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 11:30 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]N1LOY I was going to give you some advice for your forum but based on your arrogant replies I'm not going to do that.

Good luck.

Why are you posting if you can't help? And I have apologized to them if I have hurt them anyhow. Here is another personal advice, if you can't help, don't post. Now you have insulted me as an arrogant, I will be arrogant and will give you personal advice.

You are posting your sites. Yeah dude.. you are super-duper cool. Don't forget your sites are old and promoted one from the other...

And I believe there is a section where you can post your sites: http://community.mybb.com/forum-17.html

I'm gonna go and call yea a troll. Yes, usually when someone is succusful they get users. Users like admins, or they don't stay. Users follow admins. Its a trend. Usually among liked people. *Get my drift yet, or do i have to spell it out?
(2010-07-16, 12:24 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-16, 12:20 AM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]

-snip-

/read labrocca's post.

Also if you hate MyBB's SEO so much, go back to Vbull. Unlike them MyBB is free, meaning they don't care if you use it. Would they like it? Sure, why not. But by all means it don't think Chris will lose any sleep if you don't use it.

There is a reason I am using it. I don't think you will lose any sleep if you don't know it. It's not only SEO but Good Users and features who have supported me unlike you.

(2010-07-16, 12:33 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-16, 12:26 AM)N1LOY Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck.

I'm gonna go and call yea a troll. Yes, usually when someone is succusful they get users. Users like admins, or they don't stay. Users follow admins. Its a trend. Usually among liked people. *Get my drift yet, or do i have to spell it out?

I am not one of those persons who will be insulted and ignore as it was normal. You can call me whatever, that is fully your opinion and I have mine to defend it. Ok?
Why do you have User CP and Subscribed Threads on the menu bar for guests?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6