MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I get more members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:Why are you posting if you can't help?

Because I think my post was helpful. If you've missed the point that's fine too. Advice is only as good as the person giving it. If you want to discount my advice then that's your decision. I've proven time and time again I can make a successful community.

I'd like to quote OP again.

Quote:I am stuck with a few members. It's not increasing as fast as I expected. After all the hard work I am putting on http://www.101forums.com what else can I do to get more people active?

Please help me.

I'm perplexed why you made that post because your reactions to those trying to help you have been met with nothing but retorts. You have so many problems it's unreal. My #1 advice to you is still about your attitude. You're attempting to run a community but if you have poor communication and people skills then how is that going to happen?

Good luck.
(2010-07-15, 11:30 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you posting if you can't help? And I have apologized to them if I have hurt them anyhow. Here is another personal advice, if you can't help, don't post. Now you have insulted me as an arrogant, I will be arrogant and will give you personal advice.

You are posting your sites. Yeah dude.. you are super-duper cool. Don't forget your sites are old and promoted one from the other...

And I believe there is a section where you can post your sites: http://community.mybb.com/forum-17.html

He did give you advice, that you don't need to spend money advertising a forum to become successful.

"You are posting your sites. Yeah dude.. you are super-duper cool. Don't forget your sites are old and promoted one from the other..."
Yet he gets 567 users active in the past 5 minutes while you get 5 users active in the past 15 minutes.
I would definitely take his advice if I was in your position. He knows what he's doing, and trying to help you, don't bash him.
People are getting unnecessarily worked up in this thread. N1LOY and others, please remember that people have given up their time to offer their perspective based upon their experience here so please at least respect this.

N1LOY if you have gotten all the answers you need from this thread then please feel free to ask it to be closed so things don't get any further out of hands unnecessarily.
(2010-07-16, 02:15 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Why are you posting if you can't help?

Because I think my post was helpful. If you've missed the point that's fine too. Advice is only as good as the person giving it. If you want to discount my advice then that's your decision. I've proven time and time again I can make a successful community.

I'd like to quote OP again.

Quote:I am stuck with a few members. It's not increasing as fast as I expected. After all the hard work I am putting on http://www.101forums.com what else can I do to get more people active?

Please help me.

I'm perplexed why you made that post because your reactions to those trying to help you have been met with nothing but retorts. You have so many problems it's unreal. My #1 advice to you is still about your attitude. You're attempting to run a community but if you have poor communication and people skills then how is that going to happen?

Good luck.

You do realize that I do not talk in this attitude with other people, right?
This is the only thread over the internet where I have talked to people like this. I have no doubt that you are skillful. You are intelligent and probably older than me.

Actually I have taken their advices few posts ago, asking them which ones should I remove so the point of view of the forum would still remain the same.

(2010-07-16, 02:27 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 11:30 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you posting if you can't help? And I have apologized to them if I have hurt them anyhow. Here is another personal advice, if you can't help, don't post. Now you have insulted me as an arrogant, I will be arrogant and will give you personal advice.

You are posting your sites. Yeah dude.. you are super-duper cool. Don't forget your sites are old and promoted one from the other...

And I believe there is a section where you can post your sites: http://community.mybb.com/forum-17.html

He did give you advice, that you don't need to spend money advertising a forum to become successful.

"You are posting your sites. Yeah dude.. you are super-duper cool. Don't forget your sites are old and promoted one from the other..."
Yet he gets 567 users active in the past 5 minutes while you get 5 users active in the past 15 minutes.
I would definitely take his advice if I was in your position. He knows what he's doing, and trying to help you, don't bash him.
Thank you for your opinion. I guess if you were in my position you would have taken the insult and walk away.

(2010-07-16, 10:27 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]People are getting unnecessarily worked up in this thread. N1LOY and others, please remember that people have given up their time to offer their perspective based upon their experience here so please at least respect this.

N1LOY if you have gotten all the answers you need from this thread then please feel free to ask it to be closed so things don't get any further out of hands unnecessarily.
I have thanked to them for their advices. Then they come talk about how advertising doesn't need (which I have proved that they were promoted from one site to the another, what anyone would think as advertising, but without money)... then someone else talks about myBB SEO (I love myBB, but I can't be a fan-boy and always talk about good things, so I said it's taking longer than usual for Google to index, not only me but also my other friends and people I know). When I pointed out the obvious they bash on me for my attitude and was insulted. As a person I have defended myself.

I don't think I will get anymore help from these people, but let it be open for another few days. Thank you.
You ask for help they nay-say everything suggested. Why ask for help in the first place? You're just contradicting yourself really.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6