MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB RPG System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I actually just started rewriting the templates for this plugin the other day. I expect to work on it more but I am still running 1.4.13 on my test forum so I'll have to upgrade to 1.6 before I start working on any of the code.

I've been pretty busy lately with a lot of projects but I really want to finish this so I'll be working on this one during my downtime. Smile
Ok, just spent a lot of time on database design and I think I have it all fleshed out so I have a foundation to build upon. I've started working on the admin area also. Unfortunately the actual appearance of it will be the last on my list of things to work on so I don't have much to show right now. Sad

I figured out how I will be handling quests, NPCs, spells, items, monsters, and locations so the rest is just coding it. Big Grin

I still have the demo up on my site, it's very basic but I'm using ShiftEdit as my IDE so all changes are automatically updated to the demo so the demo will always contain the latest code. Wink

Demo: http://www.jmd.cc/myrpg.php
i can't access it, it says i don't have the right permissions =(
Doh! I will change the default permissions so I don't have to manually set them each time I activate the plugin. Smile
Just tried it out right now, looks good but right now only the character creation is accessible right?

One issue I did find was that when you ran out of points, it took you to another page with an error which is fine BUT it didn't redirect you back to the previous page automatically which would of been nice IMO.

As for the monster battling, you could create an area filled with monsters that users can select to battle and hide the ones that are too high of a level for them to handle.

Maybe have a system where you can only do a set # of moves per day unless you buy more with the forum's credit system which would be a cool way to utilize credits like NewPoints or MYPS.
Right now I am mainly working on the admin area since that will be the area that creates the content which will allow me to test it.

For the monsters, I plan on having the battles randomly generated like a typical RPG. The map will be a grid with X and Y coordinates and when you create a monster you will set the X and Y for it and based on the type of area that coordinate is the chance for a random encounter will be different. For monsters marked as bosses they will always appear on the designated coordinate until the player kills them.
Would love to try it when it's released...
I too can't wait for this Smile

It will be free right ?
If it's not free then there will be a free version. It all depends on how extensive it is and how much time I end up putting into it.
Can you snowball us a price on the full version?
If I was to charge it wouldn't be more than $5.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10