MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB - Time to share my short story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yes, some are.. If a staff member thinks a ban should be issued usually it is with a little consulting with the other staff.
(2010-07-19, 06:08 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]At a warning level of 100%, a user is banned for 7 days. Rude posts, illegal content etc are all 30 points, so 4 of them = a 1 week ban.

IMHO it needs to be changed.
It should. Try making worth 60 points, would make people stop in my opinion.
(2010-07-19, 06:11 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, some are.. If a staff member thinks a ban should be issued usually it is with a little consulting with the other staff.

Tell me about it.... a staff member here (not gonna say names) banned me for 2 months in a split second decision for a complete BS reason. Luckily one of the higher up staff members unbanned me.
Even if there is a standard, I don't think its being used frequently? I may be wrong??

IMHO the whole warning system is messed up. I'm sure staff spend more time deciding if the offense is 20% or 30%, for example, rather than actually reprimanding individuals.
Reading that thread and unfortunately it's locked and I don't have a chance to make a nice reply. I wish staff would just let stuff like that shake out instead of letting the members feel like a situation is unresolved. The lack of open dialogue about what's going on behind the scenes has caused a number of controversies over the years and imho some real misunderstandings.
(2010-07-19, 06:27 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Reading that thread and unfortunately it's locked and I don't have a chance to make a nice reply. I wish staff would just let stuff like that shake out instead of letting the members feel like a situation is unresolved. The lack of open dialogue about what's going on behind the scenes has caused a number of controversies over the years and imho some real misunderstandings.

Very well put. However, leaving that thread open won't do as new rumors would be created each page.

I think the best bet would be for management to give a statement.
(2010-07-19, 06:16 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]Even if there is a standard, I don't think its being used frequently? I may be wrong??

IMHO the whole warning system is messed up. I'm sure staff spend more time deciding if the offense is 20% or 30%, for example, rather than actually reprimanding individuals.

We have set warning types, we rarely use a custom reason and we do have some guidelines as to what we do in a situation. Whether staff follow them is another thing and depending on the situation it can be better to hand it over to Ryan Loos or another higher up staff member.

In terms of why the thread was closed I'm not sure. But let's just say it was closed by someone who is no longer with us.
A couple comments have been made about removing general chat from this site. I kind of agree with that. If only because at MyBB Central I really discourage idle chatter on the site. I want to offer support there and that's it. MyBB should consider the same approach. It's surely not a major problem but I'm just noting down my view.

I read all 17 pages and mainly this looks like a misunderstanding. However I think it's a shame that a poll at Zinga's site lead to the loss of a staff member. I've never noticed Bob being a problem at any point. He should not have imho lost his position because of it. Too bad Zinga didn't lock that thread early for it's potential drama and negative slurring of a staff member. IMHO it would have been the respectful thing to do.

One member gets butthurt and we lose a valuable team member. If the unapproving of a couple posts were really a problem then why not make them approved again? Was that done?

As MyBB.com grows some additional policies are going to be required. It just feels like this place is constantly winging it.\
(2010-07-19, 06:36 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-19, 06:16 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]Even if there is a standard, I don't think its being used frequently? I may be wrong??

We have set warning types, we rarely use a custom reason and we do have some guidelines as to what we do in a situation. Whether staff follow them is another thing and depending on the situation it can be better to hand it over to Ryan Loos or another higher up staff member.

In terms of why the thread was closed I'm not sure. But let's just say it was closed by someone who is no longer with us.

I was referring to the automatic bans and how frequently or infrequently they are being used

And what exactly do you mean by your last comment. The thread was closed by Ryan and so people will now think he is leaving as well??
I was referring to Jessie's thread (the original topic of this thread).
Pages: 1 2 3 4