MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB - Time to share my short story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding.
(2010-07-19, 06:01 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-19, 05:57 PM)dear-user Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give this thread access to stills open awptimus?
What

(2010-07-19, 05:57 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]But the problem is, he made a thread helping people. What shoulda happend, is instead of removing his thread you should have deleted the posts of the other people, and locked the thread. That way at least people can still be saved from the scam. And when you do things like this it discourage's people from posting.

Quote:Don't expect me to provide any more useful information in the future to protect fellow members.

IMHO it was both mod's and the B****** members fault.
We are not discussing Bob here....that conversation has already been closed.

Now on to Jessie's post about receiving a PM for this thread being deleted...

I suggested before that a mod should be made so that the thread creator gets an automatic PM when a thread is deleted along with a reason. This is feature of vb.

I wasn't talking about bob. Who said bob?
(2010-07-19, 06:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]A. However I think it's a shame that a poll at Zinga's site lead to the loss of a staff member. I've never noticed Bob being a problem at any point. He should not have imho lost his position because of it. Too bad Zinga didn't lock that thread early for it's potential drama and negative slurring of a staff member. IMHO it would have been the respectful thing to do.

B. One member gets butthurt and we lose a valuable team member.

A. Before I go any further, let me just clarrify when there is a fine line to draw, dishonesty and bad image are prime factors here that have been happening here and other MyBB forums!

Then things like this thread where its called out on why a thread was deleted (unapproved) by this same staff member B** J***** who was called out at the time of that thread on here and abroad ( this relates back to some of the dishonesty and cover ups by B** J***** and this is a key to why things were taken seriously in the end)!
Which was fair enough!

B. It's dishonest for anyone to pass off a good Buisness if the Staff Member himself is giving the business a very bad reputation and image.

Labrocca the actual posting of B** J***** I have, Zinga unapproved it for his own valid reasons, If you want I can send you in PM.

Thanks.
I am sad to say that these threads have made me think twice about mybb, you (mybb) should be working with your community not attacking it.

Great forum software, but poor staff decisions.
(2010-07-19, 07:59 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]I am sad to say that these threads have made me think twice about mybb, you (mybb) should be working with your community not attacking it.

Great forum software, but poor staff decisions.

Do you know what happened??

I want to get past all this but I also don't want community members being disillusioned or making misinformed decisions on things Smile
(2010-07-19, 07:46 PM)Technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-19, 06:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]A. However I think it's a shame that a poll at Zinga's site lead to the loss of a staff member. I've never noticed Bob being a problem at any point. He should not have imho lost his position because of it. Too bad Zinga didn't lock that thread early for it's potential drama and negative slurring of a staff member. IMHO it would have been the respectful thing to do.

B. One member gets butthurt and we lose a valuable team member.

A. Before I go any further, let me just clarrify when there is a fine line to draw, dishonesty and bad image are prime factors here that have been happening here and other MyBB forums!

Then things like this thread where its called out on why a thread was deleted (unapproved) by this same staff member B** J***** who was called out at the time of that thread on here and abroad ( this relates back to some of the dishonesty and cover ups by B** J***** and this is a key to why things were taken seriously in the end)!
Which was fair enough!

B. It's dishonest for anyone to pass off a good Buisness if the Staff Member himself is giving the business a very bad reputation and image.

Labrocca the actual posting of B** J***** I have, Zinga unapproved it for his own valid reasons, If you want I can send you in PM.

Thanks.
Every time you post something about me I am amused by the capabilities of your imagination. I have never deleted any post when I was a staff at MyBBoard. In fact I have only unapproved or closed posts. The management isn't stupid you know, they can easily figure out when a staff member is deleting posts to cover up stuff. I didn't get kicked for that reason. So next time when you feel like pulling more crap out of your lime and share it with the community please spare it for http://www.livejournal.com/
Jessie, all I personally can do at this point is apologise if you didn't like how the thread was handled. I've re-approved the thread but kept the posts that led it to be unapproved hidden, your original warning to people is visible. Don't actually know how it got unapproved in the first place though as it's not mentioned in the mod logs, which is... odd.

Also can I just say, losing a support team member isn't exactly how I wanted my weekend to play out any more than you did.
Apparently bob was creating a poor reflection upon mybb with his decisions as a support team member? Though i did not see any of these supposed threads of bob tainting mybb's image. If i am missing something......i apologize but where is it?
(2010-07-19, 08:16 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently bob was creating a poor reflection upon mybb with his decisions as a support team member? Though i did not see any of these supposed threads of bob tainting mybb's image. If i am missing something......i apologize but where is it?
No your not missing the image, that's what happened.
If you would like to talk to Bob then please PM him.

Jessie, you're problem was answered and taken care of.
Pages: 1 2 3 4