MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] ThreadTweet v1.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am no longer supporting this plugin as I will be releasing a more advanced plugin, "MyPublisher" to replace this one.

Version 1.2 has been uploaded to the Mods site and is awaiting validation

http://mods.mybb.com/view/threadtweet

Changes:

v1.2
1) Added checks for thread is visible. Previous versions tweeted even if new thread was moderated.
2) Changed hooks to work from post datahandler rather than new thread page. This allows plugin to work with RSS2Post and similar plugins that operate directly with the post handler and Tweet new threads such plugins/tasks may create
3) Added support to not tweet new threads that get saved to draft until they do get posted as new

v1.1
1) Added support for announcements made through ACP. Does not support announcements through ModCP as there is no hook support for simple implementation.
2) Added support for moved threads. Threads moved via any inline moderation, whether mulitple via forumdispaly.php or singly through showthread.php and the target forum is Tweeted, then all moved threads will be sent to Twitter.
3) Changed icon to nicer PNG file

Send new thread subjects to Twitter. This one uses the oAuth authentication that Twitter will be requiring starting in August. oAuth does work now, its just that previous methods will not be supported afterwards.

ThreadTweet supports:

oAuth authentication
Specific forums to tweet via CSV list
Tweet new threads and those moved into specified forums
Tweet announcements made through ACP
Index page indicators that show what forums are being tweeted
Support to convert keywords in subject to hashtags
Supports RSS2Post and similar feed readers

using oAuth does require some additional setup on the Twitter account. Please see the README.txt inclosed with the plugin package

===========================
= Version: 1.2
= License: GNU/GPL v3
= New Files: 5
= New Folders: 1
= Changed files: 0
===========================

Upgrade instructions:
Due to additional settings, this upgrade requires deactivation of the old plugin, replacement of the files (both plugin file and addition of new image file) and activation of the new plugin.

As such, existing plugin users will need to goto the ACP and save the consumer key, consumer secret, token and secret values in the threadTweet settings prior to deactivating the original plugin. Reenter these values after activating the new version.

Snapshots below show forum indicators (image provided with package) and the ACP settings page

[attachment=19019][attachment=19020]
Approved Smile And I fixed your link as it was linking to a modify page Toungue
thanks for fixing the link.
Installing this on my upcoming forum right now. Great plugin.
nice and great Wink

Is it possible (may new feature) to tweet thread which is came from manual (automove) from forum ID A, but on setting We're using forum ID B?

So, We (moderator) can control which thread should be Tweet and collected into forum ID A
you mean to add a button/link to the thread display page that will let you tweet any thread even if not listed in the settings? to make it simpler i could do a basic change to the plugin but it wont track if it had been tweeted previously as i would rather not add database changes to keep it light.
nops,

- I have Forum A, member free to post new thread here
- I have Forum B, this is moderated thread.

Moderator will move popular (rate) thread manually, from Forum A into Forum B
And then, Tweet taken from Forum B, not A.

I know this hook add into newthread template..
Thats why, I ask for this. If possible? Wink

The Basic purpose of this request is some Follower don't want to receive spamming Tweet (may come from big forum) UN-needed thread from many forum. But, only choosen moderated forum explained above should be Tweet

Thank You.
It can be done, but I will have to add a couple settings. One to list forum IDs and another set the moderation type: copy, move, redirect.
I suggest a less tacky icon. maybe just a png of the Tweet icon without a background? i dunno. just needs a better icon buddy.

good job so far though.
(2010-07-25, 04:33 AM)The Grinch Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest a less tacky icon. maybe just a png of the Tweet icon without a background? i dunno. just needs a better icon buddy.

good job so far though.

user editable. upload new image and specify the path in the settings.
Pages: 1 2