MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web-Patch.net - Webmaster Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-08-11, 09:05 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 09:01 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 06:25 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]@rhydian - He said he had permission. If he didn't, let them find him themselves. It's none of your business.
/Offtopic

The theme is great. You certainly did a good job converting it. I might consider joining!
Good luck!

And I suppose you think that way when someone gets raped in an alley or when you see an old lady getting mugged eh? What you gonna say now? "Thats different thats not online and online theft doesn't effect thousands every day"

Actually, it is different since it's online. If someone is getting raped or an old lady is getting mugged, you can call 911 or do something yourself. You can't do anything online. If they don't have permission, you leave it to the author of the theme to deal with it.

No you can do something about it and help the author and heres a little message from Matt

Quote:Hello,

Sorry but we do NOT grant permission to convert any of our skins to another platform as that would
violate our terms of service / copyright.

Thanks,
Matt
(2010-08-11, 09:06 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]No you can do something about it and help the author and heres a little message from Matt

Quote:Hello,

Sorry but we do NOT grant permission to convert any of our skins to another platform as that would
violate our terms of service / copyright.

Thanks,
Matt

Okay, then why don't you prove that's really from Matt. How are you going to do that? The same way WPatch proved he had permission? Either way, it's just text.
I can always forward or print screen the message or you can just check the TOS yourself or are you not capable of that? email him yourself if you want.

[Image: 29xaips.png]

Haha, you're a smart one.

My point is, you just have to believe some people. If I told you I was a legit designer and I won't steal your money, how would I provide proof? You just have to believe me.

WPatch, it looks like you weren't allowed to convert it.
rhydian, next time, stay out of it. It's his problem if he gets in trouble for this problem.
Or maybe not, maybe I actually want to help some people Smile
What if they don't need it? What if they really did have permission to convert it? The author can deal with it himself, if he needs to.
What if an author doesn't have a job to fall back on and relies on sales every month to make a living and you then have the people who take a copy for free and distribute it to hundreds more people and then people who were going to buy now don't since there is a free version and that author loses most of his sales?
If they have permission to convert it they wont mind then will they?

Oh btw I think this thread can now be closed now Wink
Then they can sue, and get the proper amount of money.
I'm done with this conversation.
Again.. I don't know why he said that but I got permissions months ago. I'm sending him an email.
(2010-08-11, 09:41 PM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]Again.. I don't know why he said that but I got permissions months ago. I'm sending him an email.

Most companies have a clause that allows them to change the TOS at anytime.

Oh btw registered Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4