MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests can't see all the threads.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
And what about my main question from that post...??
same problem
What?? Undecided I asked a question in post #19, I need an answer to it to be able to do anything.
(2010-08-27, 04:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]OK, can you open up two browser windows/tabs, load a forum where this happens, view one window/tab logged in and one as a guest. Look at the threads that don't show as a guest; is there anything special about them?? Do the ones that don't show have ratings while the ones that do show have no ratings, or vice versa?? Also, what version of MySQL do you run??

No specific algorithm ... Random and irregular ... Usually more than 5 topic does not show on page and Over time, the number is less... Changing the "sort by:" Some topic is shown and some topic not Show... Not accountable to any method, even removed all plugins and folders and even to import this database

How to guests View all information be defined?

and MySQL 5.1.43 ...Other forums that is on my hosting , Healthy
sorry for bad En Wink
There has to be something somewhere that is edited in the query when you browse as a guest, it can't just randomly select less or only specific threads.
Each forum has a different algorithm ... I find I can not cause
==
I did an experiment:
1.copy full folder forum and paste host (forum2)
2.create new mybb and database
3.delete new database
4.import old database ... Each table separately

When I enter the table topics ... When I went as a guest on the new /forum2 ... Displayed all threads ! I still can not import the table posts
In my FORUM,guests are allowed to see very little of the thread pages.It seems they can see just 3 or so threads in a threads page.While actually there are 25 threads in a page and maybe more depending on forum section.

I tried to find a way to make ALL the threads available to guest visitors,to make it possible for them to select one for reading.I find it strange that it is that way since I WANT guests to see what I have everywhere except of course my hidden forums,that I have.I have it set for guests to view in all of the forums that are in the open board.So why are they restricted to seeing so little of it?

I have not been able to find it in the ACP and wonder if this is part of the software and thus built in.I find that strange because in ALL the the other forum software's I have seen as a guest,does not prevent me from seeing all the threads in open forums.

Can anyone please help me?
It's not supposed to do this, it happens to very few people and I've never figured out why.

Can you PM me FTP login details?? I want to see exactly where this is going wrong.
It shouldn't be happening and there's no setting that would cause it. Sounds like the same problem as this thread - http://community.mybb.com/thread-76140.html

Try this anyway...

In ./inc/init.php, find:
define("TIME_NOW", time()); 

Add after:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); 

If it's OK after doing this, it's a plugin, if it still happens, it's something else.
PM sent.

Pages: 1 2 3 4