MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: StyleMyBB - Closed Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've kept this project of mine quite quietly and I'm hoping to go out with a big bang at this very moment. I don't know how else I could describe this site and closed beta that it will be going on for a week or two, so I'll try with a FAQ thingy for now Toungue

What is StyleMyBB in the first place?
The general idea behind it is to make a premium theme site for MyBB themes similar to what Dynaxel has done, but we're trying to improve that idea with a fully premium customization support and some other sweet features. To get the full idea you will have to visit the forum here.

So why are you unique?
I think that we're unique, because we will allow members to decide what kind of theme they want to see released for free next. This feature might be only available to premium users, but we never said that you cannot submit someone else's idea or if you're regular user, to ask premium user to submit the idea for you. Hopefully this will develop co-op kind of community that will help eachother.

So what about the premium themes, there will be those, right?
Of course there will be premium themes for our subscribers. There might not be one yet in beta testing phase, but we asure you that there will be two premium themes when we step out of the shadow in our glory.

Anything other that might interest me?
Hmm...Maybe it will interest you that you can check the above described features and all other right now if you get lucky enough. All you have to do is to go right to our forum and read the very first announcement that I've made and submit your application to be a beta tester of our forum.

Beta tester, is there anything in for me?
Of course. You will have full access to the forum features just like premium users will have, but you will have that for free for up to two weeks. We didn't forget that your hard work should be paid, but more information will be revealed on the end of the closed beta Smile

[Image: bigger.png]

Note: I'm asking for overall forum feedback and/or review and not the review on the theme so I politely ask you to review the entire forum and not just the awesome theme designed by Damion Yeatman. Thank you.
Wow, I love the theme. Great job! Looking forward to seeing some more of your work in the future Smile

Good luck!
Thanks Joshee. Actually, the theme was singlehandedly designed and coded by Damion Yeatman who did a great job indeed Wink
While this is a little offtopic, I do love the theme - however there is one issue. The search box results only disappear when you remove the text from the textbox, but I recommend they be removed when you click outside of the results (just for usability).
I would love to help and beta test? Smile Also you should add a 1.6 to the themes section! Big Grin
(2010-08-26, 07:06 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to help and beta test? Smile Also you should add a 1.6 to the themes section! Big Grin

I think he will when he has a 1.6 theme Toungue
Thanks everyone for liking the theme, but I would appreciate if anyone could at least try to leave your feedback on the idea and the forum itself from the first look.

(2010-08-26, 03:14 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]The search box results only disappear when you remove the text from the textbox, but I recommend they be removed when you click outside of the results (just for usability).
Thanks, I hope we will be able to do that, otherwise I was thinking about removing that inline search feature.

(2010-08-26, 07:06 AM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to help and beta test? Smile Also you should add a 1.6 to the themes section! Big Grin
Sure, just make sure you apply via our contact form and you will be contacted back when our decision falls. There is a 1.6 theme section and that is the secion where 1.4.x is the subforum, so basically "Themes" forum itself is for 1.6.x theme releases Wink
Love the theme, damion does great theme and is generally a great designer Big Grin
The theme and site are just awesome. Really liked the site a lot.

Regards
Praveer
(2010-08-26, 10:08 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Love the theme, damion does great theme and is generally a great designer Big Grin
I wouldn't hire him if he wouldn't be that good Smile

(2010-08-26, 12:23 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]The theme and site are just awesome. Really liked the site a lot.
Thanks and congratulations for being first user who liked the site as well Toungue

Pages: 1 2 3 4