MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing punBB forum as a part of myBB forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello, I am completely new in myBB and right from a start I have to make some strategic decisions, which is very hard without any knowledge of myBB.

I have a private punBB forum with 5 threads which is accessable ONLY to registered users.

Now I want to make a new public myBB forum accessible to all and make old private punBB threads/forum as part of a new myBB forum. Of course, imported threads/forums should remain private and accessable only to the same registered users. Is that possible to do and how?

Thanks for the answers,

Marko
That's what the merge system is for - http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system Smile
(2010-08-31, 03:10 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]That's what the merge system is for - http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system Smile

OK, I understand how to install merge system, however, I do not know how to get a copy of the database of the punBB forum.

Regards, Marko
I don't know punBB so I'm unsure whether you can take a backup in the ACP?

If not there should be a backup wizard in your cPanel.
(2010-08-31, 07:45 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know punBB so I'm unsure whether you can take a backup in the ACP?

If not there should be a backup wizard in your cPanel.

Hm, the problem is I am also changing the host provider. Currently I do not have access to databases. I have a plan:

1. ask administrator to give me SQL of my current punBB forum (punbb.sql)
2. load punbb.sql on the new host provider
3. import punbb.sql into myBB using MergeSystem
4. delete punbb.sql

Did I got it right?

Marko
(2010-08-31, 09:07 PM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]Did I got it right?

Yup. Smile
I have successfully merged punBB. However, not everything went fine. For example, user passwords were not merged. How to do that?
Run the loginconvert.php file in the inc/plugins folder.
(2010-09-01, 03:30 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Run the loginconvert.php file in the inc/plugins folder.

Quote:Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.

Any ideas?
(2010-09-01, 04:12 PM)mpinter Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas?

Not sure what you're doing to get that error. :s

You need to activate the login convert plugin in the ACP >> Configuration >> Plugins
Pages: 1 2 3 4