MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy Forum, Anon Posting, No Registration required : lunaticoutpost.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2010-09-08, 08:49 PM)mc2w Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he needs luck judging from the stats of his forum. Awesome job!

Reminds me a bit of Anontalk, but with registrations and without pedophiles...

Man, you were on anontalk? Every single thread was like "Where can i find CP" or "Introduce me to CP" and they spammed 4 chan a lot with images you shouldn't see
(2010-09-09, 08:24 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-08, 08:49 PM)mc2w Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think he needs luck judging from the stats of his forum. Awesome job!

Reminds me a bit of Anontalk, but with registrations and without pedophiles...

Man, you were on anontalk? Every single thread was like "Where can i find CP" or "Introduce me to CP" and they spammed 4 chan a lot with images you shouldn't see

Boards like anontalk were fun BEFORE creeps like that took over..

No illegal orange on my forum btw

(2010-09-09, 01:40 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-08, 08:58 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot to add that I don't like to open up a forum and just be blasted with a list of discussions. I agree with Tommyk, if everything is split up like a filing cabinet, then it is much easier to see everything Smile

Your stats aren't that great:
Quote:Our members have made a total of 342,134 posts in 22,111 threads.
We currently have 589 members registered.
A forum with nearly 350,000 threads should have at least 10,000 members, not under 600.

Did you miss the part where guest posting is encouraged?

There are more posts made by guests every day than by members..

Besides that the comment makes little to no sense to me.. Most forum owners would be more than happy with a big group of regular visitors/posters (growing each month) making 1500-2500 posts a day..

I mean, I don't agree with your approach to forum building at all. But it seems to be working out quite well for you. Can't really argue with results. I don't think this type of community concept will work for most people, but for the subject of your forum, it's fine I think.
(2010-09-09, 01:26 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, I don't agree with your approach to forum building at all. But it seems to be working out quite well for you. Can't really argue with results. I don't think this type of community concept will work for most people, but for the subject of your forum, it's fine I think.

Of course.. each his own taste..

But yes.. i think it's working well.. sometimes too well lol.. had to move/upgrade hosting a few times already..

First bump out of 5 because we passed the 350.000 posts today..

Cool

You guys need a new theme. Maybe I could hook you up ^-^
I think Zack is right. But i don't think you really need a theme, as much as a nicer background image Toungue
Really interesting concept. How do you stop spammers spamming the hell out of the forum? Would have thought it is a relatively good way of getting a forum seeded, one could always bring in compulsory registration later.
(2010-09-13, 11:37 PM)Zack Magee Wrote: [ -> ]You guys need a new theme. Maybe I could hook you up ^-^

Am working on another theme! (and fixing this one(there are some (chrome,ie) issues with it i only heard about after a year lol)) Progresses slowly, because i don't have that much time, But thanks for the offer..

(2010-09-14, 05:52 AM)vash Wrote: [ -> ]Really interesting concept. How do you stop spammers spamming the hell out of the forum? Would have thought it is a relatively good way of getting a forum seeded, one could always bring in compulsory registration later.

If you mean automated posts, we don't have a problem with that because of my own made captcha thingy..

The few times (very rare) someone is spamming we just wait a few minutes, select them all and delete, while banning the ip. Moderation is pretty much present 24 hours a day..

Most spamming is done from proxies, and if you ban 1 ip you usually ban several proxies at once.. If there is a hostname i ban those as well, so you ban whole hosts.. My htaccess banlist isn't even that long, but it's getting increasingly difficult to find working proxies Smile

Can't say it enough.. guest posting is a winner..
I think you are running BB 1.4? Is that right. Be interested to know how you get it so if you are posting as a guest you are forced to enter a username. If I try something similar on one of my forums and do a quick reply you dont have to use a username. Also is the choose a number the custom captcha you use?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7