MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy Forum, Anon Posting, No Registration required : lunaticoutpost.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This is actually a pretty interesting method, I wouldn't try it just because of the risk of massive spammers... But with the right moderation it seems to work just fine.

Usually the mistake that people make is having too many forums. Users don't like complicated forums and are reluctant to register if you have 300 empty forums... Once you eliminate both the excess of forums, registration, and simply bring the discussion to them, I bet there's a good amount of people who are happy to join.

Overall, it's not a forum layout that I would be comfortable with, but I can't deny your success. Kudos to your forum =)!
(2010-09-15, 02:29 AM)vash Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are running BB 1.4? Is that right. Be interested to know how you get it so if you are posting as a guest you are forced to enter a username. If I try something similar on one of my forums and do a quick reply you dont have to use a username. Also is the choose a number the custom captcha you use?

Yes, it's still on 1.4* This is because i don't really need 1.6 + because i have made a few changes here and there to the corecode and plugins..

The captcha is one of those custom changes..

(2010-09-15, 06:11 PM)watomsk Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually a pretty interesting method, I wouldn't try it just because of the risk of massive spammers... But with the right moderation it seems to work just fine.

Usually the mistake that people make is having too many forums. Users don't like complicated forums and are reluctant to register if you have 300 empty forums... Once you eliminate both the excess of forums, registration, and simply bring the discussion to them, I bet there's a good amount of people who are happy to join.

Overall, it's not a forum layout that I would be comfortable with, but I can't deny your success. Kudos to your forum =)!

Like i said.. no spammers to speak off.. and not intimidated if someone is angry and tries to spam the board.. It takes more energy from them to make those posts than for us to delete them...

Thanks!
2nd bump out of 5 because we will be passing the 500.000 posts mark somewhere today/tomorrow.

Big Grin

Site is unattractive to me, but what does that matter, it's a success.
How many posts are you getting per day?
(2011-01-27, 01:18 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Site is unattractive to me, but what does that matter, it's a success.
How many posts are you getting per day?

No day is the same.. Usually somewhere between 1000-1500, but there are days with 3000 posts too..

Around 40.000 unique visitors a month.

And all natural growth, no advertising, nothing..

What exactly do you think is unattractive? I hope to have time for some changes soon...

I dislike the background, and some of the icons are low quality.
that forum look very heavily modified, also a very low quality design looks like some kids drew on it.
And yet its so succusful, i love your site, i try to drop in everytime you bump a thread here :p
(2011-01-27, 03:35 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]And yet its so succusful, i love your site, i try to drop in everytime you bump a thread here :p

Ye, i actually like the method for some reason.
(2011-01-27, 03:32 AM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]that forum look very heavily modified, also a very low quality design looks like some kids drew on it.

It is heavily modified. Even most plugins i used have been modified so they do what i want. The design needs a little overhaul, but functionality and ease of use is more important imho..

(2011-01-27, 07:47 AM)Angel Caquias. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-27, 03:35 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]And yet its so succusful, i love your site, i try to drop in everytime you bump a thread here :p

Ye, i actually like the method for some reason.

Thanks! I can really recommend guest posting. Spambots are NOT a problem whatsoever. The very very few that go through posting / registering are taken care of by moderation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7