MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy Forum, Anon Posting, No Registration required : lunaticoutpost.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2011-04-25, 10:01 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I quite like what you've done with MyBB, and the whole idea is pretty cool, but things could be a little bit more organized in my opinion.

I am not sure, but sometimes i think that the "amateurish" look is one of the things that appeals to people.

It needs a lot of work still, wish i had 48 hours in a day..
You've past it! Congratz!
The secret is out, people are just generally lazy these days, so having anon posting is a great way to get loads of activity which you've successfully accomplished, congratulations!

I actually like the way you have it set up, however might I suggest a tagging system to sort out the threads incase someone wants to browse by different genres of your niche?

Also you need a new design Toungue
(2011-04-26, 12:18 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You've past it! Congratz!

Thanks! Next target : 2 million lol.

(2011-04-26, 01:45 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]The secret is out, people are just generally lazy these days, so having anon posting is a great way to get loads of activity which you've successfully accomplished, congratulations!

I actually like the way you have it set up, however might I suggest a tagging system to sort out the threads incase someone wants to browse by different genres of your niche?

Also you need a new design Toungue

Yeah the design isn't the best lol, but it doesn't seem to bother the visitors. I still need to update to 1.6* which will be a pain in the ... because of numerous core code changes. But i do want the tagging(thread prefixes) from 1.6, so i 'll have to upgrade sooner or later.. Then i 'll update the theme too.

And yes.. Guest posting is a winner. You need the right attitude and moderation for it though lol. It's not only easier to post, it's easier to troll too. I think i blocked almost every webproxy on the planet though, which helps a lot.

Your doing really well. You should do a MyBB 1.6.3 test install, mod it so it is nearly the same as your currently 1.4 install, then convert Smile
5th, thus last bump.

Somewhere in the next 24 hours we will cross the 2 million posts. From a pet project that was initially started to just experiment with mybb ,LOP has grown into an awesome community.

Many thanks to the developers, support, plugin coders and the mybb community. Without you it would not have been possible!!

AWESOME!

some changes:

We offer audio/video chat for members.
Easier guest posting (only need to solve the already easy captcha once)
Great achievement. Smile
Good luck to achieve even more.

Really? The captcha is even easier now? I love LOP. I drop in time to time, just to see whats really going on in the world. It's nice to see.
(2011-10-17, 10:30 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Great achievement. Smile
Good luck to achieve even more.

Thanks!!!

(2011-10-17, 10:46 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Really? The captcha is even easier now? I love LOP. I drop in time to time, just to see whats really going on in the world. It's nice to see.

Thanks!

Yup, it's the same easy captcha, but you only have to solve it once (till IP changes, or when these IPs are reset, every other day.), and not for every post.

New year, new bumps!

Still going strong.

New posting tools for members :
- Caption images : (lolcats never get old)
- Doodle : simple drawing/doodle program, for those instances when a pic says more than a 1000 words!

Both features provide instant bbcode to include in posts.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7