MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Resize Prior to Attaching Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would like the ability when a user uploads an image as an attachment for it be auto re-sized prior to posting.

For example, the member attaches a very large image over 1024 x 768. The image would upload but automatically be resized to a set dimension, 1024 x 768 in this case and then attached.

Then, as an Admin, I could have the option to display thumbnails or full view images.
Attachments are already automatically resized by default.
(2010-09-11, 04:42 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Attachments are already automatically resized by default.

Please point me to the settings in ACP. Thanks.

Search for "thumbnail" in your ACP
That just resized the thumbnails, leaving it as clickable to full size. I don't want that.
Why didnt you just say you dont want the user to be able to click the thumbnail in the first place?
(2010-09-11, 06:11 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Why didnt you just say you dont want the user to be able to click the thumbnail in the first place?

Because that's not what he said ...
(2010-09-11, 06:11 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Why didnt you just say you dont want the user to be able to click the thumbnail in the first place?

I don't mind the thumbnail...but I don't want a GIANT image opening up. Thus, the resizing request.

(2010-09-11, 06:16 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]

Because that's not what he said ...

Thanks!

Ok from what you requested in your first post.

1) Attachments are resized by default.

2) You do have the option as admin to view it as a thumbnail or full image.

ACP Options:
[attachment=19843]
(2010-09-11, 07:26 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Ok from what you requested in your first post.

1) Attachments are resized by default.

2) You do have the option as admin to view it as a thumbnail or full image.

ACP Options:

You're not really helping...sorry, but this is not the option that I want. It's resized after loading the page, so thus the LARGE image is still stored. If someone attaches several of these LARGE images, then the load time on the page is increased.

Like the initial request, I want the image resized prior to attaching; thus the smaller, resized image is stored in the database.

Pages: 1 2 3