MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What laptop should I get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It's about time I find some money and go get myself a new laptop. I was originally going to get the 13" macbook pro. As time has gone on I am trying to decide if it is worth the spend. I have also thought about the standard 13" macbook but with extra ram and getting a windows machine but thought I would try and get some other peoples opinions.

Thanks,
Charlie
I'd recommend an HP (I own a dm4): http://h20424.www2.hp.com/campaign/hpsho...p_dm4.html

It's a bit more expensive but definitely worth the value imo. 4GB of RAM and an Intel i5 430M processor, so it's powerful & quick but also a convenient size. Only thing it's not great for (though still decent imo) is gaming but then again you're considering a Mac so it's obviously not on your list of things to do.
That is the sort of spec I am looking for Smile

It looks decent and is within my price range Big Grin
What's this laptop for? Gaming, web browsing, 3D work, etc.
(2010-09-11, 08:17 PM)Anman Wrote: [ -> ]What's this laptop for? Gaming, web browsing, 3D work, etc.

Sorry I forgot to mention that Confused

It will mostly be used for my web design so it will need to run several web browsers and graphics programs at the same time.
An i5 or i7 is def. for you for webdesign
What's your budget and where are you from?
I am in the uk and have a reasonable budget. The macbook pro that i was going to buy costs a bit over £1000 ($1540 USD). I would rather not have to spend quite that much which is why i was thinking about the standard macbook. But yeah, I can strech to around £1000 if needed.
Why spend £1000 on a macbook? You could get a pretty good laptop (£400-£450) and a decent desktop for that.....
I was in the EXACT same dilemma as you last week.

I looked extensively and really wanted to buy a MacBook Pro, but after looking at the ridiculous price for a 15" MCP, same as my HP laptop I had before I changed my mind.

You can get a great i7 laptop with Win7 for less than £1000.

I bought a Dell XPS 16 for £999, which I'm typing from now, absolutely great, I love it.

Why would you pay £1500 for a 15" MCP with an i5? It's crazy.

Good luck Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6