MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Jfusion: Integrate MyBB with Wordpress, Joomla, Elgg, Dokuwiki and ++
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-01-18, 09:59 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-18, 09:04 PM)tedryder Wrote: [ -> ]Well I won't be using MyBB. The overall attitude here sucks. No one wants to say that but seriously it does! What's up with the developers. I'm talking about other threads on this topic too. I mean to spend all that effort railing against Joomla, which by the way runs over 2.5 percent of ALL web sites.

I'll just wait for phpBB to get the features you guys have now or just purchase vBulletin. You guys need to have an attitude adjustment.

Now let the sycophants rant!!

Great for that 2.5 percent. None of them happen to be developers who use MyBB. We can't force someone to use Joomla. Most developers in this community actually would rather build their own then use Joomla.

It's not a matter of forcing people to use Joomla. It's a matter of myBB looking absurd and people losing interest. In my case, why would I pick myBB if my site already makes a ton of money using Joomla and I just need forum software. It's disgusting truthfully because I want to use myBB but I can't because there is some weird little name calling match between myBB and Joomla. Either that or myBB developers are just retarded in this area.

(2011-01-19, 01:53 AM)tedryder Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-18, 09:04 PM)tedryder Wrote: [ -> ]Well I won't be using MyBB. The overall attitude here sucks. No one wants to say that but seriously it does! What's up with the developers. I'm talking about other threads on this topic too. I mean to spend all that effort railing against Joomla, which by the way runs over 2.5 percent of ALL web sites.

I'll just wait for phpBB to get the features you guys have now or just purchase vBulletin. You guys need to have an attitude adjustment.

Great for that 2.5 percent. None of them happen to be developers who use MyBB. We can't force someone to use Joomla. Most developers in this community actually would rather build their own then use Joomla.

It's not a matter of forcing people to use Joomla. It's a matter of myBB looking absurd and people losing interest. In my case, why would I pick myBB if my site already makes a ton of money using Joomla and I just need forum software. It's disgusting truthfully because I want to use myBB but I can't because there is some weird little name calling match between myBB and Joomla. Either that or myBB developers are just retarded in this area.

Why should it be MyBB's issue to develop another software? To me that seems backward. Jfusion should be the one providing the modification. Its not MyBB's job to develop anothers modifcation, imo thats absurd.
(2011-01-19, 02:04 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-19, 01:53 AM)tedryder Wrote: [ -> ]

Why should it be MyBB's issue to develop another software? To me that seems backward. Jfusion should be the one providing the modification. Its not MyBB's job to develop anothers modifcation, imo thats absurd.

It doesn't matter what I say. Your opinion has been formed and set in concrete. I understand that they may not have time to develop it, but to resort to bashing Joomla is absurd. I just don't think a positive spin can be put on that.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter for me. I'm done with MyBB for this. I just don't trust that the team is taking integrations with other software seriously. I just can't afford to make that kind of a mistake. I encourage others not to as well.

The staff have nothing to do with this. The only integration ever officially handled by a staff member to my knowledge was mediawiki and only because they use it here.

We bash something because we feel it's inferior just like would bash phpbb compared to MyBB. I'm glad you have had success with Joomla I really am. But, if you want to use Joomla and MyBB why not take some of that success and pay a developer to develop JFusion for MyBB?

You say you want something better than phpbb(mybb for example) and have had success but aren't willing to pay to possibly gain more success?
I dont understand there is a plugin Jfusion for Mybb or for Joomla,MyBB etc?
(2011-01-23, 11:56 AM)caygri Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand there is a plugin Jfusion for Mybb or for Joomla,MyBB etc?

MyBB's is crap and not maintained.
Thank-you Aristotele
Not sure of the Joomla hate either, some people use it others don't. It makes sence to have an up-to-date bridge for one of the top cms along with bridge's to other software as well. Don't just dimiss it because it's joomla, that's the reason why it's not maintened today for that very some attitude. Among popular CMSs including Drupal, Joomla and WordPress I use Joomla for my sites and it works and works flawlessly, granted there are something I wish it did but it suits my needs and I'm sure many others as well.
holy thread resurrection batman.

I was on Joomla, it eventually becomes a bloated hog. I switched to WP with my own custom integration. I am not enthralled with wordpress because it also bloat and I wanted light weight.

Joomla is good, but not great, and some of its development team are also fairly stubborn and one-eyed. However they do, do some great things too. IMO it has become more of a framework and equally as bloated.

For my usage I need less of a CMS and more of a simple news service.

I think the main thing here is the expectation that a bridge is the responsibility of the mybb development team. This is just a odd if you ask me. The responsibility of creating the bridge in this case should be solely on the shoulders of the jfusion team, if they offer the bridging tool, they should offer the bridge too, or another developer should do it.

The mybb team should be working on mybb and that is it.

The community can help with bridges also, but its not lightweight work. I spend several months writing my wordpress integration and I don't really want to just give that away for free to be honest
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5